~Nova Wars~

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Tested it, it was fun, cool game =).

Off Topic: Noo!!!! I lost the race to first post of map!

Great to hear that you enjoyed it :)
Right now I'm working on the Rematch system.

I'm also thinking to create a phoenix nova, a footman nova, and a villager nova. Is that good?

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Phoenix nova? What's dat? Falling phoenixs! Wicked... maybe you should make a Sonic Nova, it pushes all enemy units away from the target point, would be cool.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Phoenix nova? What's dat? Falling phoenixs! Wicked... maybe you should make a Sonic Nova, it pushes all enemy units away from the target point, would be cool.

That would be damn hard.
Phoenix nova.. Creates flying phoenix to all ways. And when they hit someone, an explosion come :)

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Great innovative mapstyle, very much chaos, even when only playing AI everything happens everywhere, atleast at level 1.

Point being, AI is cray easy, When I reached level 30 (top lvl?) their level were 6,9 and 10.

Hopefully you'll buff up the AI, but that wouldn't be a really big thing since it's obviously is a a player versus player map for fun ^^

Buggs I found, wouldn call them buggs really atleast I couldn't find what the problem was.

I couldn't change nova after first time, I chose flame nova, then I couldn't try any others out.

The flame nova spell didn't show until my first death(ressurection)

And lastly, the novas (atleast flame against AI, no idea about the others) is completely useless. I saved time by just putting my hero in the middle of the map and just let him auto attack. (Blademaster)

Everything summed up, good concept, needs balancing and improvement.

Edit:

Oh and my hero points weren't reduced by using upgrade nova, and yes I upgraded nova as soon as CD was out(to see if the nova got better, it did, but not much, or atleast not enough) and the upgrade price did not increase.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Great innovative mapstyle, very much chaos, even when only playing AI everything happens everywhere, atleast at level 1.

Point being, AI is cray easy, When I reached level 30 (top lvl?) their level were 6,9 and 10.

Hopefully you'll buff up the AI, but that wouldn't be a really big thing since it's obviously is a a player versus player map for fun ^^

Buggs I found, wouldn call them buggs really atleast I couldn't find what the problem was.

I couldn't change nova after first time, I chose flame nova, then I couldn't try any others out.

The flame nova spell didn't show until my first death(ressurection)

And lastly, the novas (atleast flame against AI, no idea about the others) is completely useless. I saved time by just putting my hero in the middle of the map and just let him auto attack. (Blademaster)

Everything summed up, good concept, needs balancing and improvement.

Edit:

Oh and my hero points weren't reduced by using upgrade nova, and yes I upgraded nova as soon as CD was out(to see if the nova got better, it did, but not much, or atleast not enough) and the upgrade price did not increase.

Thanks for the feedback, and all of these bugs were already fixed before you posted, but thanks.

The AI is meant to do that.

Oh, and a small anouncement:
Rematch system done!

ZiggyMcjoney

Data editor?! AAAHHHHH!
Reaction score
Haven't got a chance to play it very much yet but I will when I get the time.

I played with a few of the novas, though, and it seemed really good. I liked reverse nova, that was cool :p.

Maybe you could make a nova where instead of going in set directions it launches them randomly?

Also I think the priestess of the moon's multi shot ability was bugged.

Anyway, when I get a chance I'll test it with 3 friends and see what they think :p.

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
Ideas
-Portal Nova - Shoots portals in all directions. Any units near a portal will be sucked in, dissappear and shot out and reappear from another.

-Chain Nova - Fires shackles in every direction. The first unit that comes into contact with one of the shackles will be caught and unable to move for a period of time. //Optional - Pull the caught units to the caster.

-Rock Nova - Causes rocks to rise up around the caster. The rocks grant bonus armor/hp.

Havn't actually played the map so i wouldn't know how these skills would fit in or do.

By the way, nova means fire doesn't it..?

ZiggyMcjoney

Data editor?! AAAHHHHH!
Reaction score
A nova (pl. novae) is a cataclysmic nuclear explosion caused by the accretion of hydrogen onto the surface of a white dwarf star.

Says wikipedia.

However, we have Frost Nova don't we? So who cares :p.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Ideas
-Portal Nova - Shoots portals in all directions. Any units near a portal will be sucked in, dissappear and shot out and reappear from another.

-Chain Nova - Fires shackles in every direction. The first unit that comes into contact with one of the shackles will be caught and unable to move for a period of time. //Optional - Pull the caught units to the caster.

-Rock Nova - Causes rocks to rise up around the caster. The rocks grant bonus armor/hp.

Havn't actually played the map so i wouldn't know how these skills would fit in or do.

By the way, nova means fire doesn't it..?

> Portal Nova
I got no idea how to make this, could you make it? Credits will be given, of course.

> Chain Nova
I don't think I understand it.

> Rock Nova
I thought about this myself. I will add it.

> ZiggyMcjoney
I will think about your nova.
The Reverse Nova is pretty imbalanced.

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
> Portal Nova
I got no idea how to make this, could you make it? Credits will be given, of course.

> Chain Nova
I don't think I understand it.

> Rock Nova
I thought about this myself. I will add it.

> ZiggyMcjoney
I will think about your nova.
The Reverse Nova is pretty imbalanced.

>portal
Its only an idea i came up with. It would take me pretty long to figure out a way to make the trigger for it, and after that it'd also be a pain in the ass to make mui.

>Chain
Basically it shoots in say a chain every 45 degrees from where your facing. First units who come into contact with any of the chains are pulled in/immobilized. Again, its only an idea lol

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Hmmm, I'll give this a go soon, it sounds interesting (it's a minigame right?)

> Portal Nova

I could give it a go. Just need to know:
Point target or instant cast?
MUI/MPI?
How many times can a unit be moved between portals from a single cast?
Portal model? Shimmering portal would be cool but it's a bit big.
Does it affect allies (or is the map FFA?)

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Hmmm, I'll give this a go soon, it sounds interesting (it's a minigame right?)

I could give it a go. Just need to know:
Point target or instant cast?
MUI/MPI?
How many times can a unit be moved between portals from a single cast?
Portal model? Shimmering portal would be cool but it's a bit big.
Does it affect allies (or is the map FFA?)

Instant cast.
MUI/MPI could be nice.
Max 3, I suppose(spelled?).
Shimmering portal, but then there should only be about 8 portals per nova.
There is no allies.

The next version will be released in next post.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Nova Wars v1c Beta!

Features:
Rematch System.
Even More Novas
2 Heroes (duh)
Minimal sized map ( 96,7 kb as far as I remember.. )

There ya go: NWv1c(p)

Have fun :)

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
About Portal Nova, a good animation would be... Dark Ritual, or, Tome of Retraining

Just a little suggestion.

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
What I mean is, the Portal's Model could be Dark Ritual or Tome of Retraining, it would be better than a really tiny shimmering portal, just saying :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.