OMG and some news

celerisk

When Zerg floweth, life is good
Reaction score
I was watching some replays, given there's not much else to do currently.
(Maybe getting lost in the editor, but that's for later or so)

And, well, you know what's broken with this game?
Like, seriously broken, beyond any hope of repair?
Pink Zerg. That's what.
I mean... PINK Zerg. *PINK*!!
That's just so wrong on so many levels...

By the way, OSL might move on to SC2:
http://www.scforall.com/sctv/sc_tv01.asp?mNum=s03&movNum=443

Doomhammer

Bob Kotick - Gamers' corporate spoilsport No. 1
Reaction score
Pink = No.1 girly color.
Kerrigan = girl (or used to be)
=> there you go! ;)

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
There's also pink Tyranids somewhere around the net. God Pink Tyranids and Pink Zerg devour all life within their mad quest for power,And they look absolutely FABULOUS doing it.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Pink = No.1 girly color.
Kerrigan = girl (or used to be)
=> there you go! ;)
I thought such stereotypical answer is out of this world. I love pink and zergs in pink is fine. What gives? :mad:

Unless the player itself has a pink player color...

Doomhammer

Reaction score
I thought such stereotypical answer is out of this world. I love pink and zergs in pink is fine. What gives? :mad:

Unless the player itself has a pink player color...

There is no implication in my comment whether pink as girly colour is to be seen a rather good or bad thing. Just a neutral statement. Stereotypical, maybe. Out of this world? What gives?

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
There is no implication in my comment whether pink as girly colour is to be seen a rather good or bad thing. Just a neutral statement. Stereotypical, maybe. Out of this world? What gives?
Hm...my post is also a neutral statement. I meant to say that stereotypicalness should be out of here, out of this world, non-existent, etc. How we think of color pink as No.1 girly color is a typical stereotypical thought, nothing else to it :). I think we should gladly accept the facts, it's a pink color zerg player playing zergs with the team color of pink.

I wished SC2 allow players to randomly choose color for them, and not letting us choose it.

EDIT: The colors were too bright.

Doomhammer

Reaction score
Hm...my post is also a neutral statement. I meant to say that stereotypicalness should be out of here, out of this world, non-existent, etc. How we think of color pink as No.1 girly color is a typical stereotypical thought, nothing else to it :). I think we should gladly accept the facts, it's a pink color zerg player playing zergs with the team color of pink.

I wished SC2 allow players to randomly choose color for them, and not letting us choose it.

EDIT: The colors were too bright.

Absolutely. Stereotypical thinking is ... (missing the words) not a good thing to get used to. If taken seriously. Yet on the other side, it's the basis for most jokes. (This is getting too much OT.)

Back to colors: If random color assignment is one idea, then on the other extreme you'd have player colors fixed by your profile (just brainstorming). Let's say one main choice and two fairly different alternatives out of 65536 colors. If in the game lobby two players had a color choice too similiar, then the latter joining would play with one of his alternative colors.
Obviously this is nothing more than an idea; implementing it in some game would be possible though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.