World Online Hackers Threaten to Expose Cartel's Secrets

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
An international group of online hackers is warning a Mexican drug cartel to release one of its members, kidnapped from a street protest, or it will publish the identities and addresses of the syndicate's associates, from corrupt police to taxi drivers, as well as reveal the syndicates' businesses.

The vow is a bizarre cyber twist to Mexico's ongoing drug war, as a group that has no guns is squaring off against the Zetas, a cartel blamed for thousands of deaths as well as introducing beheadings and other frightening brutality.

"You made a huge mistake by taking one of us. Release him," says a masked man in a video posted online on behalf of the group, Anonymous.

"We cannot defend ourselves with a weapon … but we can do this with their cars, homes, bars, brothels and everything else in their possession," says the man, who is wearing a suit and tie.

Read More

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
like the article said if Anonymous release their information there is going to be blood everywhere and i wonder if they are able to track down some members of anonymous too, but this looks interesting.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
like the article said if Anonymous release their information there is going to be blood everywhere and i wonder if they are able to track down some members of anonymous too, but this looks interesting.

Yeah, even backed by being "anonymous" over the internet, you're still messing with a huge drug cartel. If they find you, they're going to brutally murder you. Whoever did this definitely has some balls, because I'm sure the cartel, along with every other cartel waiting for names, is going to be alllll over this... :p

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Holy shit, That is a stupidest move on the part on anonymous.

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
Because drug cartels have techies that can figure out who anonymous members are? I feel they are probably pretty safe... But the risk is huge if you were to be caught for sure.

Sajin

User title under construction.
Reaction score
I've supported anon, since I first heard of them and I continue to do so now. Even though this is in their own self intrest, its one of the better things they're standing up against. Problem is I dont see the cartel taking this threat seriously. and in the end I see this turning violent for the captive...potential even deadly.

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
I kinda' wish my life was a bit more exciting like the article's description =/
It'd be messed up, sure, but I can dream =x

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Anonymous threatens, then cancels, attack on drug ring

When an Anonymous follower was allegedly kidnapped by the Zeta drug gang in Mexico, supporters said they would retaliate by naming criminal collaborators -- but then backed off

When the Anonymous movement has a bad day, supporters get arrested. When the Zeta drug cartel has a bad day, nearly three dozen of its members are killed and dumped on a Mexican highway.

Now the two worlds have collided: One arm of Anonymous has called out the Zeta gang for allegedly kidnapping a supporter. In a message posted earlier in October on the Anonymous Mexico blog, hackers that align themselves with the Anonymous philosophy promised to publicize the identities of Zeta collaborators, unless an unnamed supporter was freed.

"You have made a great mistake by taking one of us -- free him," the group said in a video posted online featuring a person in a black suit, red tie, and trademark Guy Fawkes mask popularized by the movie "V is for Vendetta." The only information released about the allegedly kidnapped Anonymous supporter refers to him being part of Operation Paperstorm, a grassroots effort to distribute pro-Anonymous propaganda.

Whole story here.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.