Opinion on Arrow Volley Spell

kingkwong92

Reaction score
Can you tell me what you think of this spell and how I could improve it? opinion

Attachments

• Arrow Volley.w3x
    14.9 KB · Views: 224

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
I just tested it and posted the code so others can see it without downloading it:

Code:
arrow volley
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to (==) Arrow Volley 
    Actions
        Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        Animation - Play (Triggering unit)'s stand - 3 animation
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 1000.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching (((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to (==) Archer) and (((Matching unit) is dead) Equal to (==) False))) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
                Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Add Shoot  to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Tinker - Cluster Rockets ((Target point of ability being cast) offset by ((Random real number between -500.00 and 500.00), (Random real number between -500.00 and 500.00)))
                Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Stop
                Unit - Make (Picked unit) face (Target point of ability being cast) over 0.50 seconds
                Animation - Play (Picked unit)'s Attack - 2 animation
        Wait 1.00 seconds
        Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)

first, this is a leaky-bitch trigger, destroy the unit group leak and remove locations/points, search for some removing leaks tutorial

second, since cluster rockets shoot arrows in a circular area, not in random directions at target point, I suggest ordering the picked archers to attack-ground random point around target point of ability being cast, so give them a modified attack-ground ability and it will be much better

third (optional), instead of turning off/on this trigger, give the ability a cooldown so player can actually see when will he be able to use the spell again and give the archers locust ability so you can't control them (but also remove the locust to make them vulnerable) or change owner of the archers to some ally player

the good thing about this trigger is that considering that there are about 100 archers and you pick all of them and create 100 dummies - it doesn't lag very much at the beginning of the game ;)

Pharaoh_

The epic journey will soon begin... Prepare!
Reaction score
Leakless version then:
Trigger:
  • arrow volley
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to (==) Arrow Volley
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Set Point0 = ((Target point of ability being cast) offset by ((Random real number between -500.00 and 500.00), (Random real number between -500.00 and 500.00)))
      • Set Point1 = (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Animation - Play (Triggering unit)'s stand - 3 animation
      • Set Temp_Group = (Units within 1000.00 of (Point1) matching (((Unit-type of (Matching unit) Equal to Archer and (((Matching unit) is Dead) Equal to False)))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Temp_Group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Point2 = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Point2) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
          • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Add Shoot to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Tinker - Cluster Rockets (Point0)
          • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Stop
          • Unit - Make (Picked unit) face (Point0) over 0.50 seconds
          • Animation - Play (Picked unit)'s Attack - 2 animation
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)
    • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Temp_Group)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point0)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point1)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point2)

kingkwong92

Reaction score
To Pharaoh
I haven't tested it out yet but wouldn't the all the archers end up shooting at the same spot?
Thanks for the help because I'm a real noob at variables.
Is there a tutorial for variables?:thup::thup::thup:

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
To Pharaoh
I haven't tested it out yet but wouldn't the all the archers end up shooting at the same spot?
Thanks for the help because I'm a real noob at variables.
Is there a tutorial for variables?:thup::thup::thup:

then put the action Set Point0 in the loop

shadowvzs

Reaction score
i have a question, how possible to make this without archers around hero (only with dummy archer what we create at skill casting moment) and give same dmg as u have (i tryed make dummy priestess moon and set her lv same than caster but allways show in left side when she die by expiration timer)

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
You may not frequent this site, but do try to notice something: This thread was started and apparently finished on January 5th, 2009. It's 2 years old, and I doubt people remember it for that long.

Try posting in a new thread, or PM the op.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
lol i think thats a pm message :/
i was hoping this thread would move down the list enough to be on page 2 pretty quickly since its GY old

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Back to the first necro reply: Don't use a Priestess of the Moon. She's a hero. Heroes will always show up in the upper left. Make a custom unit and give it the Priestess of the Moon's model.

GFreak45

Reaction score
i believe you could remove her to completely destroy that image, rather than killing her

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Why have a dummy hero in the first place? In most games it would just sap exp.

GFreak45

Reaction score
i was only providing a solution that would still use heroes if he wanted, i dont know exacts so i dont know if he wants heroes to pop up on the left
when someone is as generic as possible, i try to help as much as possible, but dont know the direction they would like me to go :(

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Well, that IS a problem.

Incidentally, I believe we're still necroing here.

chukky-jr

Reaction score
for the exp part, couldn't we set the hero level to max as soon as he is created? will he still absorb exp when he is at max lvl?

off topic :
well it is ironic, people got blamed for necro'ing because of search function, and also blamed for creating new threads because of not using search function

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.