partition disk edit formatting software

alexho

Reaction score
hi guys. I have a problem right now i cant go into windows i need a certain software to create disks to edit my partitions and format them like changing their names and file space sizes, so i can then fill them with files etc. Cause i screwed up alot of my partitions i have just C: left to reformat then with some software format itt with a xp disk that i still need, or use perfect image to fully restore all my partitions once their fixed.

the problem is that my perfect image cant really edit the partitions and stuff cuase i gota format and edit the space just sitting there in my comp like create the name for D: and put partitions toghethorr.
thanks for any help for software or advice:)

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
I don't think I really understood your question...
You have one partition and you want to split it into two?
You can do that by deleting it I guess...there are other ways, but they involve using commercial software.
If this is not what you asked...well rephrase please.

xPheRe

Reaction score
If I am not wrong, you have a ghost image of your disk, but the current partition table isn't the same size as the ghost one, so you can't restore your image.

I don't use windows at all, but I suppose you can download a bootable disk/cd from the net (maybe in here?)
Then boot from it and try to restore your partitions with the fdisk command.

I'd recommend you to download any Linux Live distro (like Knoppix) and boot the machine with it.
Then search for QTParted in menu -> system.
It is a great application to modify partitions (even NTFS and FAT ones)

Hope this helps

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.