Passive regeneration and other stuff question!

Tooblet

Reaction score
Heya, I'm making an RPG where I want to have this system
of a spellbook that contains 5 passive abilities (or more if I feel like it).
So I was thinking of setting HP/Mana reg to 0 from int and str.
And 0 armor and attckspeed from agi.

And have a Passive for each of those in my spellbook, that levels up as your hero levels. Just so you can keep track of how much regen/attackspeed Crit chance, Evade chance or whatever..

My heros can get level 20. And I was planning on doing each ofthese passive spells with 40 levels, and level up them once every level. And when a hero gets items that say "+3% Critical strike chance". I just add levels to "critical strike chance" passive for that hero.

Questions I have on this is. How do I make a good passive mana and HP regen ability.
And how would I go about making them level up as Heroes aquire items, and if hero looses an item setting them back.
I was thinking an Integer of 40 (each level).
But I'm pretty unsure.

Also If you have a better idéa on how this would be done in any form, please share :)

Kenoriga

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Unholy aura and brilliance aura for hp and mp regen? Set aoe to 0 and affects self only.

Tooblet

Reaction score
cool, sure it will affect self even?
Cause It's lame if I need to have 1, and people cna just stand "on" my hero and get the auras hehe.

Kenoriga

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Yep. If you set it to affect self, it will only affect the hero himself no matter how many units are hugging the hero.

Tooblet

Reaction score
sweet, thanks.
Any idéa for the triggers? I know how to level up spells and all with spellbooks that's cake. But the plan is to have it working with alot of different items.
so it need to be able to level up and down alot.
And also it should work with save and load. So If I aquire an item, it sets ability to say level 24. (I may reduce the levels and have them only increase every other level). And then If I save, it won't know the unit "Aquired" an item. and set it to wrong level..

I dunno, the unit aquires item when loaded though so it might work.

I'm just speculating before I even start on this whole thing :p but +rep anyways ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.