PC Freezes while Playing Game

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
My PC randomly freezes while playing video games such as WoW, Warcraft, Warhammer 40k, and the likes. It just freezes, some strange colors appear on the screen (I'll try to take a picture of it later) and no error message, so I have no other choice but to force Shut Down.

The funny thing is that it does not freeze if I do not play a video game and just browse around like this.

Then I checked the Event Viewer (Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer) and I found this:

11h9anp.png

I have tried updating the driver to the latest: this one
My VGA Card is the GeForce GT240 DDR5 Sonic.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• nverror.PNG
    nverror.PNG
    28 KB · Views: 251

Samuraid

Advisor
Reaction score
Aside from being a possible issue with the driver having a bug or being corrupted...

It might be a hardware issue with your card. Make sure the card is clean and has adequate cooling (no dust, fans working). Also, it is possible that a malfunctioning power supply can cause such issues.

Can you try swapping the video card into a different machine and see if it still has problems (or even swapping a different video card into your machine)?

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
Actually, the card I mentioned above is the new one. The problem first occured when I used the old card. Then I followed my cousin's suggestion to change the card and the power supply. Yet, the problem still persists....

Thanks.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.