Players jass code help

johnnymra

Reaction score
I have a problem... i need to make an custom script trigger but i don't know how to make it happen only for a specific player (more exactly the player on slot 10(light blue))
I know it is possible because the tutorial for my effect says it can be done and i know it can because i've seen it in some maps... but i don't know which is the jass code needed :(
My trigger is like this

Night Darkness
Events
Game - The in-game time of day becomes Equal to 18.15
Conditions
Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Entire map)) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Change color of (Picked unit) to Black
Wait 0.10 seconds
Custom script: call SetDayNightModels("DNCNight.mdx","DNCNight.mdx")

And my ideea is to create another Custom script: call SetDayNightModels("DNCNight.mdx","DNCNight.mdx") but with different models (which i have)... but to only be done to a certain player... and i don't know how :(
Is it something like Custom script: for Player(10) do ... or how?

Please help me and thanks in advance!

johnnymra

Reaction score
Please someone at least give me a point on where to look for answers... My problem was that i needed to make an darkness effect for the night in game... and so this way it would have been hard for heroes to see each other without a light source. I found out how to do it from a tutorial (http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/114715-How-to-Create-Day-and-Night-Models-with-Omnilight) and the creator of that tutorial says it is possible to make such effects to be seen only by certain players. My problem is that he doesn't tell how to make the effect to be seen by a certain player... only by a player owning a unit.

johnnymra

Reaction score
Nevermind :D i found the solution after all :) it was a simple JASS code but i couldn't get it right because the code gets the players from number 0 to 11 and because i knew them from 1 to 12 the trigger was basically working for another player :D
YEY
NOTE: this is my trigger:
Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == Player(10) then
Custom script: call SetDayNightModels("DNCHoundVision.mdx","DNCHoundVision.mdx")
Custom script: endif

Shadow

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
if you want it for light blue it would be player 9 since in jass you start from 0 instead of 1.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.