"Point" Variables - A Problem

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
Okay. In a boss fight of mine, I have a Makrura queen who spawns suicidal makrura. The newly-spawned Makrura are to explode (Kaboom! ability) at the former position of a random player's unit, forcing you to keep moving. This is the trigger I use:

Code:
QueenSmartSpawns
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Suicidal Makrura for Player 12 (Brown) at (Position of Makrura Queen 0041 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
        Set BossIntruder = (Position of (Random unit from (Units in BossTrig2 <gen> matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Man of Semi-Awesomeness))))
        Wait 0.01 seconds
        Unit - Order (Random unit from (Units of type Suicidal Makrura)) to Neutral - Kaboom! BossIntruder
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_BossIntruder)
        Wait 2.50 seconds
        Trigger - Run (This trigger) (ignoring conditions)

For some reason, instead of kabooming the point that I was at when the variable was set, it chases me, as if it was ordered to kaboom my unit. Does anyone know what is wrong here? I've never worked with Point variables before (with the exception of sliding in mazes).

L

LedZepplin

Im just taking a stab at this here cause not quite sure about the Custom Script but could it be that the Suicidal Makura are ordered to Kaboom the Position of the BossIntruder every certain amount of seconds so it loops and follows your unit around because it does not have enough time to get the units previous location. I would create seperate triggers that when the Makura is spawned it Kabooms the Position of the Unit instead of looping it. Hope it helps although i highly doubt it.

D

dArKzEr0

Unit - Order (Random unit from (Units of type Suicidal Makrura)) to Neutral - Kaboom! BossIntruder

Is BossIntruder a point variable or a unit? If it's a unit, you need to target a point.

-darkz

C

Chele

dArKzEr0 said:
Is BossIntruder a point variable or a unit? If it's a unit, you need to target a point.
It has to be a point variable othwerwise you can't have:
Code:
Set BossIntruder = (Position of (Random unit from (Units in BossTrig2 <gen> matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Man of Semi-Awesomeness))))

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.