Possible to set a destructible to use dood model?

Dimaspy

Reaction score
Now, I'm not very experienced in doodads in the object editor.
Here's the deal, I have made a custom tree, and I want to use the doodad model "Shrub". This is failed however for some reason I don't know (see picture, the "trees" should be where the red circles are, but the shrub doodads are visible).

So can anyone guide me through this? +rep of course, I'd really appreciate this.

Attachments

• Doods.jpg
    Doods.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 76

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
It looks like they are there to me. I see the 'shrub' model in your picture....

Dimaspy

Reaction score
Those are the doods! But above them, where the "trees-wannabe-shrub" destructibles should be, is nothing! Except for shadows.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
When using a Tree Model

You must change the Model File of the Doodad to the Tree Model
And change the Texture To the .blp file it came with to make the tree visible

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
So you're saying you placed some regular shrubs on the map, too? I just tried replacing the tree model with the shrub model, and it worked fine for me.

Dimaspy

Reaction score
So you're saying you placed some regular shrubs on the map, too? I just tried replacing the tree model with the shrub model, and it worked fine for me.

This is reeeaaally odd...
I just can't do it somehow.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> I just can't do it somehow.

Try modifying the existing trees to your model and see if that works. All you need to change is the Model File.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
> I just can't do it somehow.

Try modifying the existing trees to your model and see if that works. All you need to change is the Model File.

And the texture the model file came with..or else it can display another texture like a different looking tree with Lorderan Tree Skin

Dimaspy

Reaction score
I did! But it still doesn't work.
It just becomes an invisible dark spot with a shadow.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
It doesn't work. It's the same problem that shows up when you try to make a tree a unit. I don't think it can be done.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
It doesn't work. It's the same problem that shows up when you try to make a tree a unit. I don't think it can be done.

It can be done...I've done it before

Nah, I didn't..
But into what? There's just.. Trees.

Ok when you get the tree.mdx file or what ever it is called it won't show in game...thats why it is suppose to come with a .blp file..this is the texture file. Inside the Object Manager you have to change the pre-texture file (the one it sets itself to when you create the unit) to the one your tree.mdx came with..this is so it shows in game...it's like using a model with no skin...you won't even see the model appear..and thats the problem you are facing

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> It can be done...I've done it before

Did you have to use an outside program? That's what I meant. I mean, I don't think it can be done within the editor itself. If it can though, please enlighten me. :p

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
> It can be done...I've done it before

Did you have to use an outside program? That's what I meant. I mean, I don't think it can be done within the editor itself. If it can though, please enlighten me. :p

Not an outside program....It is done within the Editor itself..the only outside thing it uses is any Custom Tree Model..which you can download

Dimaspy

Reaction score
I don't get a crap out of this..
First I need to find a .blp file, and now download a custom tree model?

Please, make a clear guide about this, I'm confused :(

B

brulogaz

i had the same problem:banghead: , then after a while i decided to use a Neutral passive unit with the doodads model. =P. It can do the job but it depend of what you intend to do with the (destructible/unit):D

Dimaspy

Reaction score
So nothing else to do? Maybe I should stick to trees, looks awful, but works.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.