presidental campaign

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
People are going to buy and use marijuana whether its illegal or not. If it is legalized then the money paying for it will stay in the economy and fund business, whereas being illegal, the money is going to crime, drug cartels etc

I'll link to some points Hitchens made on the topic;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvIAQ2UIIJQ

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
some gave a good reasons, but nicotine are not same like marijuana, even if is harder to quit then marijuana (maybe),like someone said. but what about that, it is not only one report about what marijuana can do to you.

nobody related it to nicotine....

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
well i missed that post.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
>>1) Everything is taxed.

Clothes under $100 aren't. Either are a lot of online shopping stores, though stupid NY state started taxing that.

But it's kinda a given the weed would be taxed if made legal.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
People are going to buy and use marijuana whether its illegal or not. If it is legalized then the money paying for it will stay in the economy and fund business, whereas being illegal, the money is going to crime, drug cartels etc

Legalizing it would also cause a lot of political issues, ruin foreign relations, and the public danger issues are still there.

though stupid NY state started taxing that.

New York tax is insane. Especially on cigarettes.

nemesispoi

Reaction score
when you get the munchies, you will eat all the food. you then have no option but to eat the seeds of your delicious marijuana. but youll be so high that youll choke on them. oh well......

eellem1

Life is made of the little things, live it well
Reaction score
The only death related incident that would ever happen to a person on marijuana would be from stupidity which most likley would have happened sober. It is not a mind altering drug, no chemicals added, it is a natural plant, no need for additives.

Varine

Reaction score
tobacco kills more people than pot

It doesn't get you high so it doesn't have any major affect on your ability to function.

The only death related incident that would ever happen to a person on marijuana would be from stupidity which most likley would have happened sober.

So someone sober wouldn't have any better of a reaction to something suddenly stopping or stepping in front of their car than if they were high?

It is not a mind altering drug

It doesn't have to be like LSD to cause dangers.

it is a natural plant

So is cocaine and mushrooms and a bunch of other things.

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
I don't think it is a debate whether or not weed is good for you. It is obvious it isn't. it is a matter of business. Business for the criminal, and business for the government. If you could make money off trees turning green in the Spring, and consequentially taking money away from the people who want to kill your family, wouldn't you? It's not as clear cut as that but to me it follows the same train of thought.

Varine

Reaction score
I don't think it is a debate whether or not weed is good for you. It is obvious it isn't. it is a matter of business. Business for the criminal, and business for the government. If you could make money off trees turning green in the Spring, and consequentially taking money away from the people who want to kill your family, wouldn't you? It's not as clear cut as that but to me it follows the same train of thought.

Umm... cool.

The debate isn't about if it's good for you, it's about whether or not marijuana should be legalized if cigarettes are. But I don't think anyone is reading my posts because they keep saying the same things.

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
I meant the general debate of legalizing marijuana, not where you guys were getting side tracked towards. But I guess legalizing it was just a side track of the original post so whatever.

nemesispoi

Reaction score
I meant the general debate of legalizing marijuana, not where you guys were getting side tracked towards. But I guess legalizing it was just a side track of the original post so whatever.

the original post was to see if anyone was going to legaliz pot, but apparently people dont really know

Zakyath

Reaction score
>tobacco kills more people than pot

yeah, and sugar kills more than alcohol and tobacco, combined...

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
Saying that sugar kills people is like saying a spoon made Rossie O'Donnell fat.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.