Problem making custom campaign

Blockinlick

Reaction score
I have spent about 5 hours trying to figure out how to get the campaign to recognize the enemy buildings on the map. It also doesn't seem to recognize many other modifications I made such as custom techs and locked races for the player.

I am thoroughly frustrated to the point of wanting to punch babies in the face.

Everything is fine up until the actual map starts. You start out with your "town hall" and your "5 workers" [Which, even when set to one race, is still random], but only a couple seconds later you get the [Victory _ Continue Game] message/window as if the enemy never existed.

To see if anything else was unrecognized, I decided to continue one game to the end and realized a few things

1. Instead of the custom tech limits I put, I was still able to build all units, buildings, and heroes.
2. When I reached the end, the two enemy buildings I had placed did not exist as well as a recent change in the terrain [Which was done to fit the buildings in]. Yes, I saved the campaign and reloaded WC3 and still no update. I had the map finished BEFORE I loaded it into the campaign.

I have scoured the editor up and down for so many hours for answers/solutions and am just frustrated as hell with it. I have also scoured the internet for days now, trying to find an active forum with anyone who could possibly help me but no luck so far.

Blockinlick

Reaction score
Just so I could simplify the problem to test and figure things out, I made a "Test Campaign".

- 32x32 Map
- Top left corner = blue player [2 computer] start location
- Top right corner = gold mine
- Bottom left corner = gold mine
- Bottom right corner = red player [1 player] start location

- No doodads, scenery, land enhancement, or anything, just a plain map.

- Player 1 starts with a Far seer and is Orc
- Player two just has their starting location and is Human

- Both players have custom set tech trees

I finished the map and saved it. I then added it to the campaign which I named Test Camp and of course, created a button for it.

So here is what happens-

Test 1-
* I get on custom campaign
* I Load the campaign called Test Camp
* I click the first chapter to begin and it loads
* I see 5 peons, a town hall, and the far seer
* A couple seconds later I get the dreaded [Victory / Continue Game] window
* I continue the game
* I notice is that all techs and units are available when they shouldn't be
* I head up to the top left corner where player twos start location is supposed to be, and there is nothing.

Test 2-
* I see 5 workers [Human], a town hall, and the far seer [Yes, with humans]
* I continue the game
* I head up to the top left corner where player twos start location is supposed to be, and there is nothing.

Test 3-
* I see 5 wisps [Night Elf], a town hall, and the far seer [Yes, with night elves]
* I continue the game

Now, I can't put it any simpler than this... can ANYONE help me? What am I missing?!

-Player two is not being recognized
-My custom tech trees aren't being recognized
-My player race specifications aren't being recognized

WHY?!

Wummi

Just Relax and Smile!
Reaction score
Maybe you could post the map and some pro mappers can help you with more ease.

Blockinlick

Reaction score
Maybe you could post the map and some pro mappers can help you with more ease.

The map is EXACTLY as I described above... I spent 5 minutes making it.
If you are insinuating that they do the work for me, I don't want it that way, I want to learn how to do it myself so that I may create future campaigns myself.

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
Looking at someones work sometimes is just enough so you can learn it to do it yourself..... and believe me looking at the Triggers that someone made will help your learning process by 100%....

viktorpapa

Reaction score
- drop some start locations
- set player properties

go to the trigger editor and delete action:
- enforce victory/defeat conditions
- create starting units
- remove creeps and critters from blba blabla,

make a trigger with an event like player 2's food used becomes less then 1 (its in event - player properties)
make an action: gam- victory player 1, or something...

its just an example, but thats how i usually start a map.

Blockinlick

Reaction score
- drop some start locations
- set player properties

go to the trigger editor and delete action:
- enforce victory/defeat conditions
- create starting units
- remove creeps and critters from blba blabla,

make a trigger with an event like player 2's food used becomes less then 1 (its in event - player properties)
make an action: gam- victory player 1, or something...

its just an example, but thats how i usually start a map.

Hmmm... Thank you, I will try to work with those ideas. If I can't figure it out, I'll post the map here.

Blockinlick

Reaction score
Hmmm... Thank you, I will try to work with those ideas. If I can't figure it out, I'll post the map here.

I attached the campaign below [Hope I did it right]. I did everything the previous poster mentioned except I couldn't figure figure out how to make the [Player 1: Victory] trigger dependent on an event [Which I would like to be when the farm at the end is destroyed].

You should notice that, despite the players having custom tech trees and the "Create starting units" action is deleted, the map still starts you with your 5 workers and all buildings/units are accessible.

So, why are these triggers and settings being ignored?

Attachments

• Gorgalath.w3n
    41.3 KB · Views: 225

Blockinlick

Reaction score
I attached the campaign below [Hope I did it right]. I did everything the previous poster mentioned except I couldn't figure figure out how to make the [Player 1: Victory] trigger dependent on an event [Which I would like to be when the farm at the end is destroyed].

You should notice that, despite the players having custom tech trees and the "Create starting units" action is deleted, the map still starts you with your 5 workers and all buildings/units are accessible.

This

johnnymra

Reaction score
hey i didn't tried your map yet but i'm seeing your problem and now my first question is did you enter in player properties and set player 2(blue) as user? because that may be the first problem for which he isn't recognized... as for the other problems i'll check the map when i have time and see if i can help

Blockinlick

Reaction score
hey i didn't tried your map yet but i'm seeing your problem and now my first question is did you enter in player properties and set player 2(blue) as user? because that may be the first problem for which he isn't recognized... as for the other problems i'll check the map when i have time and see if i can help

Hmmm... okay, I will try that. Tyvm, it seems help on this is hard to find so every little bit is appreciated.

Blockinlick

Reaction score

This

Blockinlick

Reaction score

This again...

Blockinlick

Reaction score

This... again! *Sigh*

Blockinlick

Reaction score
This again...

Nice to know this community is so helpful. I mean, it's not hard to figure out what my problem is... for god sakes, this is a world editor help forum and the users can't answer to simple problems with making a campaign? It's not like I am asking it to do unique things, I just want to make a working campaign, is that too much to ask? Wtf?

Yet, someone asks "How do I make an item that shoots lazers, kills God, and poops in your face IRL" and people are all over it with useful information on "How to".

Blockinlick

Reaction score
Nice to know this community is so helpful. I mean, it's not hard to figure out what my problem is... for god sakes, this is a world editor help forum and the users can't answer to simple problems with making a campaign? It's not like I am asking it to do unique things, I just want to make a working campaign, is that too much to ask? Wtf?

Yet, someone asks "How do I make an item that shoots lazers, kills God, and poops in your face IRL" and people are all over it with useful information on "How to".

This

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.