[Project] CTO Sc2 Remake

Kelv

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I can call it a remake if I never released the first one. You can find out about the wc3 map CtO here

Rush the Core
v. 0.0.3

Old Video Look at 2nd Post for Update!
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tJA7cEDRs0[/media]
Game play of the current version. Since there is only one player, only one lane is active. The game is scaled to work with 1-8 players with any combination of team sizes.

Description: Teams A and B have to push their way to the center of the map and wipe out the bad guys base. In the way are three indestructible walls made of pure evil (spine crawlers) blocking your forces progressing until the proxy base at each wall is destroyed. However, each time a proxy is destroyed, the bad guys send out a stronger army. The first team to destroy the bad guys base wins the game. The game is against the other player and against the clock. It can be played with 1-8 players.

Teams: 3 Teams, 4 players in the first two teams playing against the third team which is ai. The first two teams are assisted by an ai on their own team which assist in protecting the base (relying on the base gives you less minerals and experience.
  • Team A starts in bottom-left corner
  • Team B starts in top-right corner
  • Team (the bad guys) start in the center

Units: Players have a hero-like unit along with a special barracks to create normal units. This map will involve more squad based combat than individual hero combat. The power of a squad will be equivalent to that of a Wc3 hero. Currently, the players will be playing as a marine army though the other races will be available later. Protoss will come second, last will be zerg. (more detail in Meet the Team)

Help out
I am actively looking for people to join my team and assist me on this map.
Go to www.rushthecore.com to find out more.

You don't have to focus full-time though that would be fun for me, I want people that would want to create a polished map.

Please ask questions, offer suggestions (criticisms are fine, in fact they maybe really helpful at this time.

This is a multi-player game at its heart, it needs to be testing with multiple players. BNet is down right now but we can work around that.

More Information:

Kelv

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Update:
v. 0.0.2
[YOUTUBE]8VxQ1Ce2v8k[/YOUTUBE]
I recommend you watch it at 720p so you can see the dialog.

I'll keep the old video in the first post so people can see the change. Its a fairly big visual change (I would say). Do you guys think it was the right choice?

Hero system is much more further developed. Walls updated, I hated using spine crawlers. Along with the tile change, I also tried to make it look more pretty with doodads. Terraining is fun but I'm still trying to get the core gameplay features working.

Hero abilities are something that I will be working on. I'm excited about the bosses. A boss bar is so easy to setup and works great.

Obviously your still seeing the solo play version of the map which will be balanced though is not what the game is truly about which is 4v4 racing to be the first one to the middle.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Obviously your still seeing the solo play version of the map which will be balanced though is not what the game is truly about which is 4v4 racing to be the first one to the middle.

Looks really nice so far, hoping to see more of this project.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.