Project Orbitos

master maste

Reaction score
Yes we definately do appreciate everyone who is helping us complete Project Orbitos. :) infact I'm giving +rep to all who have decided to help. :)

edit: getting around to +repping, just have to spread it around first.

I

IKilledKEnny

I'm much busier then I thought I would be so I'm working slowly, I don't have more then 10 minutes a day to spend on working on the system (at least for now). However I hope soon I will get more free time, and I will have more time. I don't think it will take over a week.

master maste

Reaction score
Lucky me its holidays over here, but they are almost finished.

And 10mins a day is better than 0mins a day. :)

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
ill see what i can do to help, so far ive bin makeing alot of skills for other people so i think i can help.

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
Psi, how good are you with Gui or Jass? Do you want to try something difficult? I'm thinking the Chronogrip.

@Everyone: take a look at This thread to see what else needs doing. I'll continue to update that as things get done.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
Well, most of my works are in Gui but a chronogrip would be a peice of cake, ive made a timestop skill before ^_^ just tell me the specs of the skill so i can create it, like what it dose and so on, ill even tell you what you can change to edit it

nvm i just looked at thead, im working on it now ^_^

Hope this is what your looking for ^_^

Note: the skill was made with it affecting only around 1-8 units, if you get the full 12 in there or more (dunno if there are other units around) then there might be some lagg, also if a unit that is under the spell was ordered to hold position/ stop/ patrole, then there will be no animation for the silloets wile the original is moveing without a target... i do not know how to fix this sorry.....

chovynz

Reaction score
Very nice... Very very nice..
It's almost exactly what this ability is about. Some things that could change with it are these: Only works on heros, a range of 8000. Other than that it's perfect. The spaceships we're using are modified Archmages. We do have some other units on the map so it would be great if this spell only effects heros. That way we could easily get 11 heros (1 per player) affected by this spell, as it wouldn't touch the bases or any other units on the map.

Problems & Questions:
1) For some reason I can't save any modifications I've done to your ability. In fact, I can't even save after opening it. So would you be happy to make them specifically for us on a Orbitos map? +Rep from me for what you've already done. And I'll remember your helpfulness here. Thank you. :D

2) Your ability or the map has made a Temp folder named after the map. This wasn't there before I ran the map, so what's happening? This is something I personally wouldn't like to see in the final, as it is modifying other peoples computers. it was a whole bunch of war3map.exts. It could be related to the crash I guess.

3) How many clones are being made?

4) You can use the map attached if you like. This is the latest one without the stars in it.

Attachments

• POTerrain#22.w3x
    197.7 KB · Views: 265

chovynz

Reaction score
Double post because it didn't really fit with the above post. Screenshot time.
This is what the shields look like. No importing required. Some might not stay in. As with a lot of things with WE and Wc3, the screenshots don't do justice to the beauty of these shields.

Shield strength/weapons blocked in order of capability.
  1. Extra Hull: Just an ordinary cheap extra hull to keep your ship slightly more protected.
  2. Beta Shield: Still in the early levels of development, but available to defend you from small scale attacks.
  3. Bullet Shield
  4. Ion Shield:
  5. Energy Shield:
  6. Plasma Shield:
  7. Fusion Shield: Uses fusion energy to power this great shield.
  8. Deflector Shield: Attempts to deflect the weapons fired at your ship.
  9. Reflector Shield: Turns your opponents weapons back on themselves.
  10. Galactic Shield: Drawing power from space itself it is quite possibly the greatest shield in the galaxy.

These are the stars:
Please excuse the UI. It was early days. The Hand is on the same star. The screenies REALLY make it look bad. See the attached map for some stars that will blow your mind. Try zooming in with the mouse.

Attachments

• POTerrain#Stars.w3x
    175.5 KB · Views: 333
C

Cookie

Wow... this looks amazing fellas lol u have my support ;) (not that its much!)... Is there n e thing I can do to help? odd jobs.. n e thing... i realise im a bit late for a job application, but you know... looks like great fun :D keep up the good work :p

master maste

Reaction score
Wow this is amazing we are actually getting a good response from the community.

Thread Target: 5000 Views
Project Orbitos Target: Finish a working version of the map.

Edit: Cookie just have a look on the first page and see if theres anything that can be done thats not already being done, alternatively PM or msn me or chovy and ask us. (or chovy might get back to you on this thread later) :)

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
about the temp folder, im sorry, i was useing unlimited when i made the skill (4got to set defult back to orginal, that would explane the corruted file after saveing) as for the clones, its 1 for every unit effected every .5 secs, and they last for .6 secs (so there will be a consistant effect of immages)

Alright i just ported the system to the map, i attached it and ported it with the normal editor, it shudent make any more folders and it shudent make any more corrupted files

oh yes, one mroe thing, i ammped the effect rating to around 90% because the base movement for your ships is 900, max is around 400 and 50% of 900 is around 450 witch cudent slow anything down (cuz units cant move any faster then 400) so now its around 90 XD you can change it to your likeing,

chovynz

Reaction score
Hi again Psi,

Thanks again for doing this. It's a pretty cool ability. Now I want to optimise it. I'm having trouble understanding what it's doing. Can you help me understand how it works? I'll tell you how far I've got:

I can see that when a unit casts Chronos Grip:
1) The position of the caster is recorded
2) It chooses units within 8000 of that caster position and set those to a variable.
3) Makes a unit group from the variable
4) give an item to each unit.
5) removes item from each unit

Meanwhile theres a trigger running constantly every .50 seconds.
1) This trigger looks at the effected units
2) Finds the ones that have the thunderclap buff.
3) Makes a unit group from the variable
4) Gives an item to each unit.
5) Removes the item from each unit.

Question: How does the item that you've made which is based off Tome of experience, spawn a spaceship? You have no triggers that create a unit and there's nothing that I can find that spawns a unit.

Is that what Item Illusions do? How does that work?

master maste

Reaction score
Chovy your confusing me. Btw whats the official name ?
"Project Orbitos" or "Project: Orbitos" or something else. . . ?

chovynz

Reaction score
Whys that confusing you? I was addressing Psi.

Official name is Project: Orbitos. It's kinda silly actually. There's a story running in my head about this. "Project: Orbitos" is the name that the people in the story gave to their project. The "people in charge" notice that their opponents have set up base around the asteriod. They want to know what the enemy is up to and why they are so interested in this non-descript asteriod. So their scientists probe and scan and find the precious metal inside the asteriod

The "people in charge" start up a hybrid scientific & military project and as a codename, they come up with "Project..." project what? Well, the bases will be orbiting at equidistant locations around the asteriod. Lots of research and development go into making the stations and weapons necessary to surpass their opponents. Unfortunatly, someone leaked, and now they are all equal with their enemies. All bases have been built. All sides have just enough money to build one factory base. With the latest in technology and weapons research, all sides are about to face off in the...fight for space supremacy. The fight that will determine who controls the asteroid, and the precious metals within. The fight called "Project: Orbitos".

I

IKilledKEnny

Chovynz, Master Maste just told me you are working on mines, once I'm done here, I could work on it, it's pretty easy all you need to do is base a unit on goblin land mine and then either edit the spells for eye-candy or add a trigger to make an eye-candy with the event of unit dies, unit-type of dying unit is goblin land mine, and you are done.

chovynz

Reaction score
I'm not working on mines. Ur-Quan is. I'd like to give him a go first

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.