[Project]Ratchet & Clank: Revenge of Nefarious

G

-=GhosT=-

To start off, idea of map came from series of Ratchet And Clank video games from ps2, but it isnt what im gonna talk bout.

Since i havent put everything into one big part i will just quote what i wrote on some other sites.

hell yeah, officialy lunched after hearing some good stuff about it i am tooo lazy to write evrything again so i will just quote myself, after reading it etc. you should know what i need etc.

so i just came with idea for map after i played ratchet and clan : deadlock (i love all ratchet series )

It will be pure action map, solo or muliplayer, still thinking about it. Anyway 3 or more playable characters, many upgradable weapons to use, secrets to unclock, mix of all kind of maps (from AoS to TD), some tactic thinking levels, good visual effects etc. This is all what i want to put into map, i need help from good Jasser/Triggerer, Skinner, Modeler and some others. Someone want help??

well, i think will be solo map, multiplayer would be hard, also it could be another part of map :]

and for idea, you got control of Clank(robot) Ratchet(umm.squirrel or something like that) and one of other character, or just characters will replace in some moment (still thinking about them) Each character will be unique, like Clank will be able to transform into big robot and use rockets, bomb etc. while Ratchet will be limited to use his weapons, powerfull wepoans. All of them will have many upgrades, each chaning something in visual effect etc. You will be able to buy armor, which change your looking of character. Also you will not be limited to hit and run, you can use wrench as meele weapon. For reinforcments you will have provided two bots, that can be upgraded, you will be able to give them commands, or use as living shield. This will be pure acion game, and saying this i mean it. Whenever you walk you will have to face opponets, from which you get bolts[gold] to buy wepoans, armors, upgrades and neccecary AMMO or mega upgrades for weapons. You will have to kill many boss, in order to proceed more into game. They won't be easy, you will have to use mind to defeat them. NO MOVE ATTACK ORDER for your heros, you will have to fire weapons manual and try to survive. For evry opponent defeated your weapon and character will gain expierence. If weapons level up, its power is increased, and added some mods [like increased ammo, or more bolts from enemy] and if your hero will level up max nanotech[health] will be increased. Thats all for now, if i get something else in mind i will post it

yeah, i could make multiplayer version (dethamtch mission) version

and there will be vechicles in map !! and many customized mission to do, so single player will be pure action rpg, multiplayer multiple detmach maps(also pure action)

btw. one of weapon missisile i would use flame strike with changed angle

but 100% sure i will release two versions, first single player then multi, you will start on desert after your star ship crash, and you won't be able to repeair it, and if you wonder why you crush.....it is because u hitted with ship into Dr. Neferious (3rd ratchet and clank main villian) and Laurance that were drifting on whole galaxy on meteorit, and he is still doing this. i don't know if i mentioned it, but you will have to fire weapons manual (press button and u fire it ) ammo will be mana, each weapon set mana into diffrent amount, around 10 choicable weapons, all upgradable, many location to visit, tons of quest, many bosses etc. all for now

Now the thing i write using a lil of my friend, a beginning of map story

so, heres the story of hows this going etc.

As Ratchet almost esceped deadly, but stupid at same time Vox, and saved galaxy heros from evil, he with Clank, were going to do their last mission. Back to home.

Meanwhile on meteorite that were drifting on whole galaxy :
"LAAAAAAAWRENNNNNNNCEEEEE how far ar we from any space station?"
"Far, very far, last one were destroyed by Ratchet and...."
"Ratchet?? That little fox?? Damn you, you litle...."
"Sorry if i am distrubing you, but some space ship is approaching"

Back on the ship

"Ratchet, watch out, we are heading for an meteorite"
*Looks at clank, then onward him*
"Couldn't you tell me faste..."

Heroe's ship has crushed with meteorite, then their ship go in way of some desert planet, and meteorite to planet with big city. (btw it was Nefarious ship)

*now funs beggin :p*
So Nefarious has landed right into captain Qwark house, they start dialouge, then Nefarious take out gun and turns Qwark into robot

At same time Ratchet and Clank crushed on desert, and their ship is completly destroyed, now they are trying to survive. Clank manage to construct weapon from remaiming parts of space sheep. An rocket luncher that actually only looks like an rocket luncher, but fires like flame thrower and also he unmounted machinge gun from ship, making another weapon. After some fights they found city.....

They've looked around it, and then they realized that it wasn't city, nto even a village but just small camp. Ratchet could recognize some of things up here. But most important were vendor, were he could buy his lovely weapons. While Ratchet runned as fast as he could into vendor's way, Clank went to talk with strange guy, that looked for technicain.

"Umm...welcome.........stranger. We are looking for some help, you see our ship crushed and....
"You are that robot?? CLank?? MAN I AM YOUR BIGGEST FUN, CAN I HAVE YOUR AUTOGRAPH??"
Ratched saw all this, and runned to Clank.
"Whats going here?"
"Oh and you must be......imposible.....Ratchet, i love you!! You are my number 1 idol!!"
"Hey! I thought that you are MY biggest fun" Clank become mad.

Meanwhile on Metropolis city (or something like that)
"Welcome to hot news, we got some great ne......who the hell am i ling, we are beign attacked by some robots, our best hero, Captain Qwark become this pice of junk aswell, we are doo....*turns into robot" Hail to great Nefarious.

Ok so this is main story, i think i will update it or something, can it be? :)

So here is lis of all project members :
- -=GhosT=- (triggers, ideas, main leader. etc)
- ragingspeedhorn (terrainer)

I am searching for talented map makers, modelers, triggerers, art makers and even voice actors. If anyone want join, want post feedback here is official project website -> http://www.wc3anvil.net/forum/index.php?showforum=29 . Thank you!

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
There is no way I'm reading all that for some guy I don't know ;)

But I got as far as the title, that said "Ratchet and Clank" so I'm in :p I could help with ideas, if you want. Just add my MSN at:

[email protected]

A simple suggestion... If you are going to be posting this often I would suggest typing up somnething that you would always use, something revised and edited so it sounds interesting and would catch peoples eye.

If you don't have MSN, pehaps e-mail me all the details and I'll send you some ideas.

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
I agree with halo_king, the content of your post is rather rubbish, I would suggest you to doing some standard recruitment post that you post on all the different forums that you plan to post about the map on :)

Z

Zero R.

Oh no! I actually read it! Yes, I'm still coherent.

Anyway, from what I read, you'd be trying to incorporate every single type of map. Wouldn't that be nearly impossible, as an AoS and a TD are two very different things, well, unless you're gonna do a campaign. Also, is the second quote supposed to be an intro? Make sure you check your spelling, and grammar. And that having more Exclamation points does NOT make the sentence more 'intimidating'.

Overall, I think I didn't make myself sound mean for a change. Yay.

Oh, and If you tell us what you need, we might help.

G

-=GhosT=-

sorry guys i will try to 'fix' that up

so im planning of making HUGE map that include every map type in it, as you said before, how is this possible? So, it wont be all time same type, at some missions you will have to defend your base (Defense) at others help your allies to win (AoS) and so on.

Map itself will use some unique systems that u havent seen in Wc3 yet, you will be able to upgrade your weapons by fighting with them enough (weapons gain levels) ride vechicles, solve puzzles and many many others

And yes, 2nd quote is intro.

For excuse of my grammar i will say, that i learn english for 3 years and im from poland ;p i dont speak english very well yet

And i need help from advanced triggerer (can't jass myself, and good jasser would be needed) modeler, and couple of other map makers, but those are neccecary for now, rest are not needed atm

oh and my msn is [email protected] hope i 'helped' u a lil

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
Well ghost I dont think adding to much stuff into it would be worth it, like aos, nahh no fun in single player.

But adding some extra stuff like td and hero siege etc would be cool I can agree on that :)

This type of map have been done before though, a really cool map by my friend RaoDaoZao called "When the freedom slips away".

Z

Zero R.

If you plan to make an AoS in single Player, you should atleast have an AI for it.

Or better yet, make it a campaign. So, for the first map could be an AoS, th next is Hero Siege, and the next...

G

-=GhosT=-

that just basic idea and it can be changed

also whole map wont be like AoS, just few missons same with other, rest will be RPG ;) and im not sure about campaing

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.