Protoss Building Construction Animation Not Showing

Gryffin

Reaction score
Hey, I'm trying to create a custom building based on Dark Shrine.
Everything works fine, but despite my best efforts, when I ask my unit (custom unit based on Probe) to build the building, the Probe turns around and plays his little build blue cone animation and a progress bar fills for 10 seconds (my build time for my building). I cannot stop or cancel or move my Probe once he is ordered to build. When the building is finished, it's there and works perfectly. Originally, my issue was that the blue sphere for protoss construction animation was not showing, and the building would build instantly. After re-trying several times and looking at every detail I can possibly imagine, reading tutorials, etc, I cannot for the life of me discover why the construction isn't behaving properly. Mostly, I have a feeling it has to do with the Events+ of the building Actor. Any ideas? Here is an image. Thanks for the help.
DarkShrineEvents2.png

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
I don't have specific knowledge of creating custom buildings, but what I do know is that for the most part, actors does not dictate anything that affects the way the game works; only visual and audio.

If the animation is wrong, then it could be your actor is incorrectly set up. However, the fact that your probe cannot be controlled while you build the building is not likely to be defined in the actor. Try looking in the unit or ability section. I'm afraid I cannot be more helpful than this.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.