[prototype]

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by thewrongvine, Jun 11, 2009.

1. thewrongvine

thewrongvine The Evolved Panda Commandant Staff Member

Ratings:
    +505 / 1 / -0
    [​IMG]
    [PROTOTYPE]

I Hunt. I Kill. I Consume. I Become.

Official Website: http://cdn.prototypegame.com/prototype/us/index.html

ESRB Rating: M for Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Strong Language
    Genre: Action
    Available On: XBox 360, PlayStation 3, PC
    Release Date: June 9, 2009
    MSRP: $59.99

In Prototype, players take control of Alex Mercer – a dark, genetically mutated shape-shifter with no memory of his past, hell-bent on solving the mystery of his existence as he tears through a densely populated New York City moving with Parkour-style fluidity and consuming anything that gets in his way.

'Deceive or Destroy' gameplay allows gamers the choice to either blend in with the population and covertly progress through the story, or fully unleash Alex’s powers, and move through New York City like a walking slaughterhouse, taking control of military vehicles, and causing destruction at every turn.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Looks sick, :thup:. Has good reviews and ratings. Friend says it's awesome, a combination of Assassin's Creed and the Hulk. I'm getting it. :D

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

2. Drakethos

Drakethos Preordered Sc2 ftw!

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    I saw this game from a web ad. It looks pretty awesome, though I won't be able to get it until the price drops. Plus I've got other games to play. But I can only hope its as awesome as it looks. I can see potential for a nerve racking and highly complex plot that unravels as the game continues on. I just hope the developers spent more time on the entire game rather than just making it look awesome, because eye candy is nothing without gameplay to back it up, nor a sound plot.

3. Sim

Sim Forum Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +531 / 0 / -0
    Says it plays a bit like the GTA series.

I saw some videos of this, it looks very neat. I think I'm going to buy it. :)

4. thewrongvine

Ratings:
    +505 / 1 / -0
    It should be really free-roam in NYC, with a lot of destruction that you can do.
    One thing that annoys me though is how you kill a lot of innocent people, :D that doesn't sit too well with me haha.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

5. sqrage

sqrage Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +508 / 0 / -0
    Meh, the graphics kinda suck and the fighting (which is what you're doing 95% of the game) is repetitive. Still a decent game though.

6. ElderKingpin

ElderKingpin Post in the anime section, or die.

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    hmm.. im guessing hes a prototype o_O
    I wonder how much of a pain it would be to control all of those powers at once with a controller

7. Cornface

Cornface Avoid, if at all possible.

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Gonna try it out tonight or tomorrow, I have some high expectations, but we'll see. :rolleyes:

8. thewrongvine

Ratings:
    +505 / 1 / -0
    1337 skills, I went to the store, and there were no more, so I asked a guy if they had Prototype, so he says wait a sec, opens the stock, and randomly pulls out one, and goes like "oh you got the free t-shirt edition" :D

So now I have a cool box with a cool t-shirt, rofl.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

9. Varine

Varine And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war

Ratings:
    +833 / 11 / -1
    How do I push X and B at the same time?

10. Hellohihi

Hellohihi New Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    I played it and completed it yesterday.

Combat is awesome.

But the stealth is quite lame, two marines just watched me as i so obviously stealth-consumed their friend.
    Then ran up a wall, backflipped and flew and glided around them, all they did was watch me.
    does not matter anyway.

The game is overall kickass.

11. Cornface

Cornface Avoid, if at all possible.

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    I agree with Hellohihi, the game is awesome. The animations, the graphic, the physics, everything is really cool. :rolleyes:

The only thing is that the game become rather repetive for a while, it's lucky you got lots of quests n stuff to do.

12. sqrage

Ratings:
    +508 / 0 / -0
    The graphics...seriously?

It's so pixelated and that's with everything maxed out. It's about 1/10th the graphical quality of GTA4.

13. thewrongvine

Ratings:
    +505 / 1 / -0
    Honestly? Rofl, how much of your life did that take, :p

This game is awesome! :thup:
    The graphics are pretty bad, but only in game mode. The cinematics are quite nice. Gameplay is cool, you can explore so much of Manhattan and destroy a lot of things, :D Storyline is good, the Web of Intrigue is really cool, it allows you to follow along with Alex piecing his life together, and then you can also figure things out yourself. It does get a bit repetitive after a while, but you can always get new upgrades, and just when you think it gets easy, something hard comes at you.

The Evolved Panda Commandant rates Prototype: 8.7/10

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

14. Hellohihi

Hellohihi New Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    What.. I thought the graphic was acceptable . But obviously don compare it to crysis or something. :p
    :D

I ran everything at max, except anti-aliasing.

e6750 oc 3.6ghz
    8800gt

Took 2 nights, i scarificed my sleep time to play. :)

15. thewrongvine

Ratings:
    +505 / 1 / -0
    Haha, pretty soon I'll be able to do that (1 more day of school)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

16. Hellohihi

Hellohihi New Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    1/10 of gta? I dont think so.

In game screenshot from my computer.
    http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/6771/prototypeg.png

17. thewrongvine

Ratings:
    +505 / 1 / -0
    Well those are computer graphics, :rolleyes:

Prototype is like maybe... 6/10 of GTA? Some parts are really nice.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

18. sqrage

Ratings:
    +508 / 0 / -0
    Yea I'm playing it on the computer too.

And when you zoom in it gets pixelated really fast.

I'm bored of this game only a few minutes in. If you ask me it's definitely not worth 50 or 60 dollars.

Btw, running over cars with the tank is hilariously badly done.

19. thewrongvine

Ratings:
    +505 / 1 / -0
    I see you don't find killing innocent people fun, :eek:
    And a few min in the game doesn't get you anywhere, this game is about finding the truth, so you need to actually complete missions to learn about the past, and use the Web of Intrigue. And there's a lot of combos and upgrades to get, a lot of customization, how is it not fun? lols
    If you play with the story, there's a lot of different things happening, gaining new powers, losing powers, finding new enemies, so it should at least last hours, :)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

20. Flare

Flare Stops copies me! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +662 / 0 / -0
    Just got this game on Sunday for the Xbox. The combat is getting a bit repetitive, but it's always fun to watch things explode :D. Now I just need some cool Hammerfist move(s) so I can take tanks out that bit faster =)