PSP/PS3 Ad Hoc

Archideas

Reaction score
Hey again!

I have a few questions about the software Ad Hoc which I downloaded from the Playstation Network through my PS3 and installed. Do I need a router that supports wireless connecting to be able to play i.e Final Fantasy Dissidia or Monster Hunter 2 online?

I've got a 4 port ADSL wire router that's connected to two stationary computers, one laptop and my PS3.

I'm unable to get Remote Play to work at all. When trying to connect to the access point via Private Network through my PS3 I get an error saying "A connection error has occured. The connection to the access point timed out." If I try to connect via Internet through my PS3 it says "A connection error has occured. The access point was not detected."

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
ad hoc is for wireless lan, not internet, as far as i am aware of, so it would only help you lan wirelessly, but not play on the internet wirelessly - for that you would need either a wireless router or a wire connected to whatever needs internet access

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
im not understanding why you need to play with ad hoc, as i dont have a ps3, the point of ad hoc is lan, not internet, you said that the ps3 is already connected to a router/modem, so im not understanding what the problem is? what private network are you trying to connect to? arent you already connected to the router?

Archideas

Reaction score
From what I understand, the Ad Hoc downloadable for the PS3 allows you to play with people around Europe/America with a PSP Game such as Monster Hunter that supports multiplayer as long as they're in the same room/close. So technically it's a way to bypass that restriction and play with people further away than just your house.

Archideas

Reaction score
Oh crud. I figured the program would find my PSP without having to start up Monster Hunter 2. Thanks for the link and for your help. xP

Think I got it figured out now. Consider the help recieved and thread closed. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.