Psychokinesis

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
Basically I had a whole bunch of characters(5?) planned out for an origin story that eventually leads to a 'superhero story' (well except for the lame costumes, and maybe the names - more of a real world with paranormal people (sounds like heroes doesn't it? I can tell you my idea is way different))

Then after reading this novel I recently bought, I suddenly decided to create an entirely new character (keeping the core concept of how the abilities work - hence the title) and started writing. This prologue is just to get my idea 'out there' and hopefully get some feedback. It kinda ruins the lore I originally had, but if there is enough interest (including mine) I will push the story further.

Enough about my life though, this is the prologue of a story idea I had in mind.

PS No paragraph indent is bad =(

Current - 2/1/09
PROLOGUE
Do you believe in special abilities?

I’m not talking about the ability to juggle whilst blindfolded, or being able to sneeze with your eyes open. I’m talking about, well, special abilities. Being able to move objects with the mind, conjure scorching flames with a flick of the palm, strike through a steel wall with a single thrust, you know, all those things superheroes do in the movies.

I’m just like them. Well I’m not so much of a hero, but I sure am super. I won’t waste time typing out what I can do, words are inadequate. You have to see it for yourself.

Right about now, you’re probably thinking I’m some geeky comic store clerk with an ill obsession for superheroes, living in my own fantasy world. Yeah, I guess I do sound the part. But I’m not. If you could see with your own eyes, what I can do, you’d see that my . . . powers; are far from fantasy.

I don’t exactly know what I expect to accomplish with your help. Heck I don’t even know if it’s worth the risk. They’re after me, the ones who messed around in my head and studied me like an animal, and sooner or later they’ll find me. I guess I just want whatever answers I can get. Maybe learn to control my powers more so that one day, I won’t have to run anymore. And perhaps I could use a place to hole up in.

Trinity Avenue, just south west of Miller’s point, there’s a pawn shop at the south corner. Exactly three days from now, at 2:00am, I will be waiting there.

This is your chance to witness a phenomenon, your chance be involved. This opportunity was given to you and you alone; and it will be given only once. I know you’re an honest and virtuous person, which is why I chose you instead of the others. But if anyone is to learn about this letter – I will vanish.

You’re a respected and busy man, I know that. I’ll understand if you are skeptic and decide to brush off this letter as a practical joke. But if you do decide to go, go alone. If you do decide to go, I promise you, you will believe.

– Hurricane​

V1 - 31/12/08
PROLOGUE​

Do you believe in special abilities?​

No, I’m not talking about the ability to juggle whilst blindfolded, or being able to sneeze with your eyes open. I’m talking about, well, special abilities. Moving objects with the mind, conjure scorching flames with a flick of the palm, run faster than the speed of sound, you know, the cool stuff superheroes do in the movies. I’m just like them. Well I’m not exactly a hero, but I sure am super. Words aren’t adequate enough to describe what I can do. You have to see it for yourself.​

You’re probably thinking I’m some geeky comic store clerk with a mental obsession with superheroes, living in my own fantasy world. Yeah, I guess I do sound the part. But I’m not. If you could see with your own eyes, what I can do, you’d see that my . . . abilities; are far from fantasy. Superpowers, special gifts, magic, special effects, call it what you will, but it’s real. All you need to do is believe.​

I don’t exactly know what I expect to accomplish by writing this. Heck I don’t even know if this is worth the risk. They’re after me, those who ‘unlocked’ my potential, and sooner or later they’ll get me. I guess I just want whatever answers I can get for my pile of questions. And perhaps I could use some place to shelter in, off the streets.​

Trinity Avenue, just south west of Miller’s point, there’s a pawn shop at one of the corners. I will be waiting outside at 2:00am in the night, exactly one week from now.​

This is your chance to witness a phenomenon, your chance to learn. This opportunity was given to you and you alone; and it will be given only once. If anyone is to learn about this letter, or me, if you are to exploit this fortuity – I will vanish and you will lose it forever.​

I know you’re an honest and virtuous person – that is why I chose you – and that you will make the decision you think is best. If you do decide to go, go alone. If you do decide to go, I promise you, you will believe.​

– Hurricane​

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Good idea. I look forward to reading anything you post.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Nice plot, intriguing.

Just a problem with this sentence;
Moving objects with the mind, conjure scorching flames with a flick of the palm, run faster than the speed of sound, you know, the cool stuff superheroes do in the movies.
Moving objects with the mind, conjuring scorching flames with a flick of the palm, running faster than the speed of sound, you know, the cool stuff superheroes do in the movies.

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
Good idea. I look forward to reading anything you post.

Thanks, same goes for you :thup:

BANANAMAN said:
so he has the power to control winds?

I'm thinking about it. But right now, it's something like that (ithough it's going to be a lot more than simply being able to control wind, that's too boring)

sqrage said:
Nice plot, intriguing.

Just a problem with this sentence;

Moving objects with the mind, conjure scorching flames with a flick of the palm, run faster than the speed of sound, you know, the cool stuff superheroes do in the movies.

Moving objects with the mind, conjuring scorching flames with a flick of the palm, running faster than the speed of sound, you know, the cool stuff superheroes do in the movies.
Thanks mate.

Actually, it was like that (what you corrected) the first time. For some reason I changed it because it sounded 'right' at the time. I'm currently re-reading what I wrote and will be editing some lines a bit soon, that will be one of the lines. Thanks for the headsup though.

EDIT: Added a rewritten version.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.