Quest ideas needed!

Tawnttoo

Reaction score
I need you people at thehelper.com to come up with ideas to quests. They don't have to be unique/original as long as they aren't "go place, kill thing, collect this"-type. I just can't seem to get any ideas.

laxperson808

Reaction score
What about this?
(You could trigger this easy)
You talk to a guy and he askes 2 be brought somewhere. You have to guard him as he walks.

mapguy

Reaction score
The man has to chase criminals that appears in random places of the map, the criminal can be anywhere! so, you have to search for it!
Each criminal is stronger than the last.
1 - bandit = only attacks.
2 - robber = has ranged attack, critical and evasion.
3 - Sniper = Can hit you from far away even if you don't see him, and changes to a shootgun when you get closer.
4 - leader = deals amazing damage, has thunder clap (against warrior) and was stomp (against casters), has critical, evasion, windwalk (when life becomes lower than 25%), unholy aura (gives +5 HP/sec).
5 - Bandit lord = has all spells of the leader, but, instead of running away with windwalk he goes to your back and attack you. he also can summon bandits and robbers.

Zealot

Reaction score
A mage has lost a magical herb on his way to the town, he asks you to backtrack where he went by using a magic wand he gave you, you are taken through several places where you find different herbs that you have never seen before, you have to option to pick them up or leave them there, if you leave them there after you finish the quest, they disappear, if you get them and the magic herb, you can go back for the reward, he will ask for the herb and if you have the others he will unlock, in exchange for the herbs the alchemy specialization, which in turn will unlock the quest for the prized philosophers' stone. You will be given 7 quests you find in a book given to you by the mage.
1. You must find the Prime Material by forging Gold, Iron and Copper bars and Mercury (Can be easily bought, or smelted yourself) in the lava pools.
2. The Prime Material must be then taken to the Graveyard where it will be imbued by the spirits of the dead (You must fight off the ghosts and when they are low on health you must capture them, if you kill them they reappear somewhere else), you need 10 spirits captured, the Prime Material will become black.
3. You must take the Prime Material to the roof of the highest building or on the highest tree you can find and attach it to a lightning rod, you must do this on a storm where the lightning will purify the Material and energize it.
4. The next step involves smelting it along with gold and silver which will turn it yellow, the Material can't be smelted unless you smash it with a mithril hammer (can be another quest on it's own to find/smelt/steal the hammer), the Material will turn yellow.
5. You must rust metal by using holy water (Use a water pouch and find a priest?) and use the rust powder on the Material, it turns red.
6. You must now homogenize the Material by forging it one last time in the pools of lava, by doing this you unleash the fire elementals because you find out the stone steals the essence of the elements.
7. As the last thing you must do you must fight yourself, the stone created a dark double of yourself by using your lust power as a catalyst, this fight can only be conducted in a netherworld and fighting your double just inflicts damage upon yourself, you must accept your double and become one with him to master the stone.

Well this is the chain, what it does is up to you.

dead-manakin

Reaction score
A warrior looses his lucky amulet to a bunch of theives dressed as knights. Knowing that he cant win a fight without the amulet, he asks you. You must find which ones are theives and kill them before they are able to pawn the amulet.

drak_dragon

Reaction score
I need you people at thehelper.com to come up with ideas to quests. They don't have to be unique/original as long as they aren't "go place, kill thing, collect this"-type. I just can't seem to get any ideas.

Grandma needs to go to the piggly wiggly, and an epic adventure ensures

1. Find grandma. She wants to go to piggly wiggly, but she doesnt want to walk, so you need to find a way to get her there.
2. Find a barrel. It has to be big enough to fit a person in.
3. Go back to grandma and put her in it, now you have the Grandma in a Barrel
4. Go to piggly wiggly, and use the Grandma in a Barrel on the sidewalk, and let her out.
5. Enter piggly wiggly, and she will tell you that she needs to get four sacred artifacts : Milk, Bread, Eggs, and Cheese. You must defeat four bosses to get each of these items, and then head to the front counter.
6. Grandma forgot her purse at the house. You need to go back home to get it.
7. You get to the house, and enter, and must explore a huge dungeon to find her purse on a lamp desk.
8. Return back to piggly wiggly and pay for the items. Grandma is nowhere to be seen now. Someone says they saw her go outside.
9. Ask locals around outside and eventually be pointed to a bingo hall
10. Enter the bingo hall and find grandma at a table on the other side of the room. However, upon approaching her, you find yourself trapped in the middle of a huge bingo score card. Grandma was actually the Bingo Wizard this whole time :eek:
11. Play an epic game of bingo, battling thousands of foes while hoping your numbers get drawn out to score a bingo to shatter her trap spell.
12. You must battle Grandma and the order of Old People who are actually wizards and they do stuff.
13. Defeat grandma. Acquire dentures. You win the game.

DENTURES
+5 attack. +9 poison damage over 3 seconds per hit.
+1 all stats
Now you can eat an apple!

Tawnttoo

Reaction score
Wow, these are all quite great. Zealot and drak_dragon really put their minds to it. Maybe I'll use them (a bit modified but I'll credit you) in my map. Keep it coming :D

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
How about a race? :)

Let's say theres a guy who you see running around every once in a while. You can ask him why, and he'll tell you that he's training for a marathon. He challenges you to a race!

Set a path around the town?/area?/map? with flags as markers of where to go.

Ping the path for the player.

Then move both the player and the runner to the start line.
As the race begins, trigger ther runner to move throught the track.
You can even trigger the flags to change colour (replace them with different flags or change their vertex colouring) as the players run by. In this way, you can make sure that the player runs through the entire track instead of using shortcuts.
If you beat him, you get a small reward.

If you want, you can beat him multiple times, each time he gives you something better.
Finally, he gives you his Running shoes (increase move speed + whatever else you want it to be able to do)...

Tawnttoo

Reaction score
I like the idea of that race quest, but how is the player able to beat an AI racer? I mean, if the path is already known by the AI and not by the player, it only requires trial and error to finally beat him. Maybe have speed boosts scattered along the track?

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
You could do that :). My idea was actually to show the player the race track before the race starts. You could do this with camera commands, or with pings.... you could also have flags to mark the way?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.