Quest Trigger help

Mcbeazy

Reaction score
Hello, I am fairly new to making quests, specifically acquiring item quests. I have a basic trigger, but for some reason the quest completes itself after receiving one item instead of six. I could really use one of your brilliant minds out there :) otherwise I am going to be continually frustrated..:banghead:

Mcbeazy

Reaction score
woops, hit submit lol, Thank you for the quick response I was not sure if anyone would even see this :)

wc3.JPG

Mcbeazy

Reaction score
I feel stupid...lol, where does it go? when I put it in "then" it does not tell me I have completed the quest at all.

Mcbeazy

Reaction score
I am fairly certain it is, because like I said the original problem was that the quest was completing itself after 1 piece of meat instead of 6. I have tried everything that I know how to in order to fix it, but it just isn't working. Could my variables be wrong or something?

Skippy

Reaction score
Make sure that you don't decrease or null values stored in Quescomplete array.
Maybe display a text message to show the value of Quescomplete[Player number ... ]

Mcbeazy

Reaction score
wc3.JPG
wc32.JPG

Ok so Here is the entire thing as the two separate triggers. the basic Idea is to kill a dear get 6 pieces of meat and get bam! lvl 1 quest completed. I checked to make sure I don't have an Null values and I don't. So perhaps there could be something else wrong in my coding, I feel that this is so complicated for such a simple task lol.

Skippy

Reaction score
As I said, display a message every time you acquire an item to display value of Quescomplete.

EDIT: Initial value is 1, then when you pick first item you increase it to 2
So when you pick sixth item, value of Quescomplete[...] will be 7.

Mcbeazy

Reaction score
Hey thanks a lot! it totally worked now lol. I have to figure out how to make it give the hero XP cause that wasn't working, but other than that the quest completed! thanks

Shura

Reaction score
The exp rewarding actions are still in the 'else' actions. They need to be moved to the 'then' actions.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.