Question about passive spells

killingdyl

Reaction score
Okay heres a brain buster!

Is it possible to make the channel spell uncastable? as in it just shows the icon like a passive ability(critical strike).

If no then is it possible for a hero to have TWO TRIGGERED passive spells based on the same spell?

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Of course, in most cases triggered passive spells use passive abilities which has no effect, for example critical strike with 0% chance turns it into a useless ability but not if you use it as a dummy ability.

About the channel, I don't think so, it comes in active instances all the time.

killingdyl

Reaction score
can i use 2 critical strikes on the same unit and not have any problem with base order id and stuff like that?

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Yes, and if you want a real critical strike to work, well probably only 2 critical strikes would strike, one from the item and one from the unit. The only critical strike that would work is the one with the higher chance I guess. The dummy critical strikes wont cause any interferace more probably, been using it as the dummies for my passive spells. Devotion aura with target as "none" and with no effects attached would be a safe bet for a dummy passive too.

canons200

Reaction score
The only critical strike that would work is the one with the higher chance I guess
no, it had been point out in dota portal(last time, now web site removal) the critical strike that acquired last will trigger if multiply critical is activated.

For example, the dota phantom assassin, if you learnt level 3 ultimate first, which is 15% to do 4X damage, then you acquire burize, which is 20% to do 2.2X damage. since you acquire burize after you learnt your ultimate, if 2 critical trigger, then the critical damage will be 2.2X from the burize.

and vice versa, if you acquire burize first then only you learn your ultimate, then the critical damage will be 4X if both critical trigger.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
[...]
Is it possible to make the channel spell uncastable? as in it just shows the icon like a passive ability(critical strike).
[...]
what exactly do you mean?
if i dont get you wrong you might use the "channel" ability and change its data to be invisible. then you can add a passive ability for the button and order your unit to use the "channel" ability via triggers. now the icon would be the one of a passive and your unit is channeling a spell.

if thats not what you were asking please try to explain it more clearly.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
There are some passive abilities which do nothing, like Moon Glaive and Storm Hammers. Use those as base abilities for "do nothing" passives.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.