Question on Unit Facing

Mindless

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently created a custom unit from scratch. Actually, it is a destructible, and I have given it the appropriate actor and model and so on, and it shows up in the game and editor just fine, but I cannot seem to be able change its facing direction by holding down CTRL and clicking somewhere on the map. Come to think of it, I cannot even change the facing direction of the destructible by any means.

Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Frozenwind

System maker
Reaction score
I'm rather sure this was the same in wc3 for buildings-units.
To "get rid of" it, which was working for wc3, not sure if it'll help you out in sc2, but I assume it will, simply make it a unit, place it, face it, and make it a destructible again.

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
if I remember correctly, a unit requires the ability move to be able to change direction

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
In Warcraft 3 you could have movement speed 0 and it would turn to desired location.

Try it out in Starcraft 2 :>

But I know to can change desired Default Angle.

Mindless

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help everyone.

I tried (as Builder Bob suggested) to add a move ability to the unit, however, it still could not turn. However, it turns out just when I'm getting really frustrated, I found a checkbox in the Flags under the tab Unit. There is a flag called Turnable. Check that, and it turns.

Thanks everyone again for getting me started on the solution.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.