Random Enemy in Range

TheOverWhelm

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new to the SC2 editor and I thought I'd ask since I can't seem to figure this out
I recently decided I want to make my own mod type of thing, for fun stuff or things to use for my own maps, just whatever I want xD
And it'd be a good learning experience!
I'm starting with the Terrans (since.. they'll probably be the least complicated!) and, in alphabetical order, I've been doing things.
I'm on the Battleship (haven't gotten far) and I wanted to make the Anti-Ground weapon fire at random targets while moving. The only issue I'm having is the "random" part. I have a Search effect but all that ended up doing was make it attack multiple units at once. Any suggestions?
Edit: The reason I'd like this is because I rather have a maximum of 5 damage per hit then say, having 5 attacks all doing 1 damage per hit..

Arkless

Reaction score
You can set a maximum count for the searcheffect and a sort method. [del]Gonna upload an example soon.[/del]

Search - Maximum Count
Target - Target Sorts

Thought about it and your problem probably isn't finding the value, but rather displaying it. Activate the "Show Advanced Fields" button.

If you need more help/an example just ask.

PS.: The target sort is called TSRandom.

TheOverWhelm

Reaction score
It worked!
I didn't even think about the target sorts xD
Like I said, I'm a newby to this editor. I've been trying to think how -it- thinks, so to say and I'm getting closer and closer xD
Thanks for the help!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.