Random hero trigger, doesnt give random hero.

Super.Gnome

Reaction score
Why does this trigger give me the last hero in my array each time, instead of giving me a random hero and removing that hero from the array.

And how do I fix it so that it gives me a random hero, and removes it from the array so it cant be randomed twiced?

Trigger:
  • Random Light
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -random as An exact match
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -random as An exact match
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -random as An exact match
      • Player - Player 8 (Pink) types a chat message containing -random as An exact match
      • Player - Player 9 (Gray) types a chat message containing -random as An exact match
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering player) is an ally of Player 10 (Light Blue)) Equal to True
      • Picked[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to 0
    • Actions
      • Set HeroLight = (Random integer number between 1 and HeroTotalLight)
      • Set Random_heroA[HeroLight] = Random_heroA[HeroTotalLight]
      • Set HeroTotalLight = (HeroTotalLight - 1)
      • Unit - Create 1 Random_heroA[HeroLight] for (Triggering player) at (Center of Base Spawn Light <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set PlayerMainHeros[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Last created unit)
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Make (Unit-type of (Last created unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by (Picked player)
      • Quest - Display to (All enemies of (Triggering player)) the Hint message: (A player has randomed + (Name of (Last created unit)))
      • Player - Add 250 to (Triggering player) Current gold
      • Set Picked[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = 1
      • Camera - Pan camera for (Triggering player) to (Center of Base Spawn Light <gen>) over 3.00 seconds

Raveren

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Set HeroLight = (Random integer number between 1 and HeroTotalLight)
    • Set Random_heroA[HeroLight] = Random_heroA[HeroTotalLight]
    • Set HeroTotalLight = (HeroTotalLight - 1)

I think it's a reason. You should make an variable which will store all heroes in idexes, then just randomize a number, and then give hero from that index to player. Also it should make that index blank after making hero. It should have also something like loop. If that index is blank - roll again, if not, just spawn hero and end of trigger.
Good luck.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Code:
    Actions
        Set HeroLight = (Random integer number between 1 and HeroTotalLight)
        [del]Set Random_heroA[HeroLight] = Random_heroA[HeroTotalLight][/del]
        [del]Set HeroTotalLight = (HeroTotalLight - 1)[/del]
        Unit - Create 1 Random_heroA[HeroLight] for (Triggering player) at (Center of Base Spawn Light <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
        [B]Set Random_heroA[HeroLight] = Random_heroA[HeroTotalLight][/B]
        [B]Set HeroTotalLight = (HeroTotalLight - 1)[/B]
        Set PlayerMainHeros[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Last created unit)
        Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Player - Make (Unit-type of (Last created unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by (Picked player)
        Quest - Display to (All enemies of (Triggering player)) the Hint message: (A player has randomed  + (Name of (Last created unit)))
        Player - Add 250 to (Triggering player) Current gold
        Set Picked[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = 1
        Camera - Pan camera for (Triggering player) to (Center of Base Spawn Light <gen>) over 3.00 seconds

Change to the position of the bolded stuff.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.