random model?

drak_dragon

Reaction score
is it possible to use triggers to roll a random integer from 1 to 5, and select a model file for a unit? ie, i want a wave of creeps that all have the same attributes/stats, but the models are picked randomly.

kla0005

Reaction score
is it possible to use triggers to roll a random integer from 1 to 5, and select a model file for a unit? ie, i want a wave of creeps that all have the same attributes/stats, but the models are picked randomly.

Well, you could just make 5 units, with same stats and ability's, and then put them in an integer?

Like:
Trigger:
  • PickRandom
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set randomunit[1] = RandomUnit1
      • Set randomunit[2] = RandomUnit2
      • Set randomunit[3] = RandomUnit3
      • Set randomunit[4] = RandomUnit4
      • Set randomunit[5] = RandomUnit5
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 randomunit[(Random integer number between 1 and 5)] for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees

drak_dragon

Reaction score
yeah true but, for 144 waves having 5 units for each wave is a lot of work. thought maybe i could just find a lazy way out of not having to do that. thanks anyway though :3

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score

There is one way. Edit a model and give it 5 alternate forms, finding ways to change their used animation names during the game. But that wouldn't be less complicated than making several different units :eek:

I guess all the units we are talking about here should be enemies, right? Then there is really no problem in making different units (or animation names), as already suggested.

However, if you should be able to select the units as units of the same type, although they have different models, there are some ways Ive experimented with..

1. Making the model invisible, and adding attachmenst. But this attachment won't show any animations (walk, attack, etc) at all :(
2. Casting Hex-based skills on the units, transforming them into different models. This can of course only work on units without active spells or attacks, but this could be managed by a permanent locust ability, phoenix ability or dummy units.

drak_dragon

Reaction score
There is one way. Edit a model and give it 5 alternate forms, finding ways to change their used animation names during the game. But that wouldn't be less complicated than making several different units :eek:

I guess all the units we are talking about here should be enemies, right? Then there is really no problem in making different units (or animation names), as already suggested.

However, if you should be able to select the units as units of the same type, although they have different models, there are some ways Ive experimented with..

1. Making the model invisible, and adding attachmenst. But this attachment won't show any animations (walk, attack, etc) at all :(
2. Casting Hex-based skills on the units, transforming them into different models. This can of course only work on units without active spells or attacks, but this could be managed by a permanent locust ability, phoenix ability or dummy units.

thats actually pretty insightful, i never thought about doing it like that. The creeps don't need to be selected as one group, as it's an enemy group, so doing each individually and just using a random to determine what is being picked would probably be less complicated. though later on i might just wind up doing it like that (ie, you build armies, each guy could look a lil different but they'd be the same unit type.)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.