RealVNC The Free Edition

holy_spirit

Reaction score
Due to work issues I have to study RealVNC (Remote Administration software), I gathered a lot of info, But unfortunately I could not find or know the maximum users count that can use RealVNC to remote the same PC at the same time

anyone know about this issue ?
Thanks.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Are you talking about the maximum potential users who can use it, or the maximum number that can practically use it ? Because I'm sure you know that a VNC session takes over the desktop and therefore only one person can (practically) run a session on a computer at any one time.

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
That's easy: ONE. According to your Windows XP license (99.999% sure that's the version you're using), you are entitled to have one single "concurrent" user working on your system.

holy_spirit

Reaction score
After testing "RealVNC", I can remote to the same PC (server) by TWO (Clients) at the same time.
There are other types of software that stands on VNC protocol but I never tested before, may they only can support one client at the same time !.
Thank you Both.

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
Yes, you can have two people using the same desktop at the same time, but they'll be typing into the same window and moving the same mouse pointer. "Fast user switching" might be a workaround, but you'll be violating the Windows license.

Other OSes (as in: Unix-based: MacOSX, Linux, ...) don't have this limitation, as you can spawn an arbitrary number of VNC servers providing independent remote desktops

holy_spirit

Reaction score
Yes, you can have two people using the same desktop at the same time, but they'll be typing into the same window and moving the same mouse pointer.
Yes that's right, we can say they use the same session !
For Remote desktop connection on WINDOWS SERVER 2003, it support TWO clients but each one in a different session

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.