Necromancy Power over 9000
- Reaction score
Amish Apple Fritter
Make delicious Apple Fritters at home the Amish way!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely chopped apples
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Large bowl for mixing dry ingredients
- Regular bowl for mixing wet ingredients
- Large deep skillet
- Cookie scoop or spoon for portioning
- Slotted spoon for frying
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract until well combined
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined
- Fold in the chopped apples
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop the batter by the tablespoonful into the hot oil, making sure not to overcrowd the skillet
- Fry the fritters for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through
- Remove the fritters from the oil with a slotted spoon and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain
- Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more oil as needed
- Dust the fritters with powdered sugar and serve warm
Recipes Exchange Group on Facebook
Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
Back to the Desserts Menu!
See all the Recipes in the Recipes Index!
TheHelper.net Official Recipes Index This is the new Recipes Index. The Old Recipe Index has been archived in the Hall of Fame. Check out our Cooking Guides! Please ENJOY the recipes! Starters: NEW!!! Sausage Ball Bites - These Sausage Ball Bites are delicious as an appetizer or party...