Report Religious 'Nones' are now the largest single group in the U.S.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
When Americans are asked to check a box indicating their religious affiliation, 28% now check 'none.'

A new study from Pew Research finds that the religiously unaffiliated – a group comprised of atheists, agnostic and those who say their religion is "nothing in particular" – is now the largest cohort in the U.S. They're more prevalent among American adults than Catholics (23%) or evangelical Protestants (24%).

Back in 2007, Nones made up just 16% of Americans, but Pew's new survey of more than 3,300 U.S. adults shows that number has now risen dramatically.

Researchers refer to this group as the "Nones."

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm part of the Nones. I'm pretty non-religious myself.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe in god but not in Religion. I think there is a supreme force but since I was raised Catholic and found out everything I was taught was BS I still believe in God just not nothing about religion. I was also married to a former Jehovas Witness.

Last edited:

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I'm an atheist but that usually isn't an option on these, so I have to pick none. I doubt that many people would pick it though, there's a weird stigma about atheists that is prevalent in a lot of places still.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.