Remember to Lock all your doors and Windows

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
it's a good advice, no one can't be sure you dont get visit from thieves. I had theifs in the night, they crushed my car window and they take some stuff, it's bad enough. good they not brake in my home or I had some window open. well anyway they get some surprise if they did, a big dog waiting for them.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
The worst case is that you can't prove your insurance that you got robbed. Then you're fucked.

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
There was a guy who got his cell phone stolen... twice!

Basically he was walking in north phili (always a bad idea) and a group of kids around 13-15 years old surrounded him and demanded his cell phone. Apparently they had knives nd stuff as well, so he gave it up.

Then when he got his new cell phone the same thing happened!

Moral: Don't walk in north phili at night.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
A friend of mine had just got a top-end phone and was walking down a back alley, texting away. A random stranger walking in the opposite direction saw this brand-spanking new phone and asked to see the phone. So he handed it over; the stranger, naturally, showed great interest. He asked if he could go show his friends, saying he would be back quickly. Five minutes later the guy realised he'd had it nicked :rolleyes:

The moral of the story: my friend is a gullible fool :rolleyes:

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Funny story.

This guy tried to break into my house. It was under construction, so one of the doorways lead outside and was just borded up. The guy kicked the bords off. Now is a good time to remember that durring this time, the house was really small becuase the extention was still being built, you could easilly clear the area is seconds.

Funny story, we had two 90+ pound German Shepherds.

The guy was gone before the wood hit the ground

eellem1

Life is made of the little things, live it well
Reaction score
It is just that time of year. Kids back in school and parents working or running errands. The "smart" robbers know this and use it to their advantage. Th is not the only one I know that was hit/almost hit. I had a friend that same day that had his vehicle broken into early morning and they cleaned it our, took everything that was attached and unattached. If they want it, they will take it. Just watch your back some of these idiots are not fearful and will kill in order to take what they want.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
I really doubt anyone would even get into my house:

• 1. I live in a place where people are too scared to burglarize others.
• 2. My siberian husky will own them ;)

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
A friend of mine had just got a top-end phone and was walking down a back alley, texting away. A random stranger walking in the opposite direction saw this brand-spanking new phone and asked to see the phone. So he handed it over; the stranger, naturally, showed great interest. He asked if he could go show his friends, saying he would be back quickly. Five minutes later the guy realised he'd had it nicked :rolleyes:

The moral of the story: my friend is a gullible fool :rolleyes:

some guy knocked my brother out from behind and when my brother woke up the guy had his cellphone in his hand. my brother got up and knocked they shit out of one guy ans his friend ran away

moral of the story: dont fuck with my brother >.>

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
Reminds me when a neighbor got murdered who lives right across me about 2 years ago after opening his house door to a killer. I've been pretty unsure of myself and act as the basic security check up for my family after that day.

Welcome to Phily.........

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
Does your alarm use the phone line?

Not completely sure, but I think it does. (That is, if it starts blaring for too long)

I just remembered a funny story. My cousin was out of his house one day and then he got robbed. When he came back and tried to find what they had taken, he found that they had thrown his Xbox and Gamecube onto the floor and other stuff as well. What they did take however, was a whole bunch of food from the refridgerator.

Moral of the story: If you get robbed, hope that the thieves be hungry :p

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Damn I should better lock with walls doors and windows :)

Joke well all be careful..

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I like how everyone assumes their dogs will protect their house because it's big.

Not completely sure, but I think it does

There are ways to circumvent the alarm going off if it does. Not that a thief is going to take time to do it unless you really pissed off the wrong people.

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
I guess living in a poor area has it's advantages, nothing is worth stealing. My house is literally 5 metres square.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Impossible....:eek:..

That's like my entire glass panel size in my living room.

But, at least you should be happy for your computer/laptop. It's worth it! :thup:

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I live in south los angeles, and they're not much you can do to protect yourself.

I have a few stories...
My neighbor's dog (pit bull) was poisoned on purpose and it died. They had like 4 more though. They now only kept one.

I was walking home from school, about 2 blocks away, some guy goes up to me asking me what gang I'm from. I told him I don't bang (I'm not in a gang) and he kept asking. Since I was listening to music, he tried to jack what he thought would be an iPod (was an iPaq (Older model). So he reaches into my pocket and I move his hand away. He punches me in the face and I grab a hold of his shoulder and start beating the smack out of him. His left eyebrow was cut open, his nose was pretty bad, and he had another cut in his cheek. Bloody all over. It was in broad daylight, no one did anything, they just looked. Nothing happened to me. Since it was my first real fist fight, I didn't know how to hit, so I messed up my pinky for a few days but that was it. We went to the police (since it broke when we dropped it, I pretty much let him run away with it) but they didn't do a thing. Haven't seen him since.

Some guys where shooting each other about 6 months ago from infront of my house, to the other side of the block's corner. They shot my neighbor's car on accident.

Last night actually, I was about to sleep in the living room, then I hear something like a firework. It's past 4th of July so I go check outside, thinking my dog did something. I didn't see anything, but my brother came outside and noticed a brand new mercedes benz on fire in front of the house to the right (I couldn't see cause a wall was blocking me). I saw a bald guy walking away like nothing. So he probably was the one that set it on fire. In my block there seems to be a family of drug dealers, so they probably were sent a message or something.

When we first moved into my current house, my uncle was living with us as well. Our has had no fence yet, and he parked his car outside. Within the first week someone opened the car (broke window) and stole the stereo system, about 2k worth. No one heard nor noticed anything.

We have a fence now, locked, and a small pitbull (in size). She growls when someone passes by so if she keeps growling for a while, we can tell if someone's trying to get in. We don't depend on her though, for we know a gun or knife could easily take her out.
South LA is pretty dangerous. We do keep the house locked, and no one has tried getting in.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
damn its times like that im glad we moved out of toronto. my dads car got stolen twice in the same day. he actually got so pissed. they stole it. the cops got it back then my dad went to go to the store and when he got down there the same day it was gone again.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.