Removing imported music

B

Blademaster_X

I just imported some music into my map and it made my map file a few megabytes too large...and now I can't get rid of it! I am stuck now - I tried exporting it out and it just stays there. Could you tell me how to get rid of it? (Using RoC editor). Plus I didnt make a back-up...

U

Unregistered

I think you must go back to the sound editor and delete it there .?

B

Blademaster_X

Yes the file is located in the sound editor but it doesn't let me delete it. The only option is export file.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Hmm, that's odd, there definitely should be a 'delete sound variable' option in the right-click menu for the imported sound.

Try this:

open up your map with winmpq and look for all the files in the directory war3mapImported\ . You should be able to find your imported music in there. Just simply delete it and re-compact the archive (hit the compact button).

B

Blademaster_X

In the sound editor, the sound variables are in the column on the right side. You can delete those. The file I'm talking about is on the left side under the folder "imported" which is under the folder "music". If I right click on the file, it says "use as sound", "use as music", "replace internal sound", and "export sound". Anyway, I reverted my hard drive back to two days ago using GoBack and its back to normal now ;) .

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh wait, I figured it out, you have to go into the import manager and delete your imported sound there.

hehe, using "Goback" was a little bit of an overkill if you ask me... :)

B

Blademaster_X

Import manager eh?...could you tell me where it is? I'm looking for it but i cant find it.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
The icon for the import manager should be somewhere towards the right side of all the icons you see at the top. I think you can also access it via the 'tools' menu as well.

B

Blademaster_X

Must only be in TFT editor because in RoC editor its not there or anywhere else. I looked.

S

Sat_2k3

yea, I soent 10 min trying to figure that out as well, sincein TFT you have to delete in import always cause you can';t in sound editor :p

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Oops sorry my fault completely, I overlooked the fact that you said you were using the RoC editor in your post at the top. It looks like perhaps the only way to delete the sounds using the RoC editor is through deleting the files from the map using winMPQ, as was explained in one of my posts further up.

I'll investigate and see if there's another way to do it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.