Request help: Burrow Strike

eztype1

Reaction score
Hello, im trying to make a spell similar to Burrow Strike. Ive made one, and it works for the most part, but if you cast the spell, then try to move right before casting it, the hero moves to the center of the map.

The spell is just impale and a trigger that moves the caster to the point of the ability being cast with an animation to play the crypt lords "unburrow" animation.

My trigger looks like this.
BurrowTrigger.jpg
I have the Wait action there because if it isnt, the impale art doesnt show up, or even appear to cast. Also, if I were to put in a hide/unhide action, it makes the player de-select the hero, and I don't want that.

I've tried using the search tool, i only found one thread, and it helped me only to this stage. Is there another way of making a "Burrow Strike"? If so could someone please give me a step by step text guide and/or a guide map.

Also, if this is the wrong section, i dont know how to post anywhere else, when i try to post in the Spells/Tutorial Repository/Systems, Triggers and Demo Maps sections, I get this message:

"eztype1, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

Sorry but I'm new and trying to figure how to properly use this epic site.
Thanks

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
Try changing Casting Unit to Triggering Unit.

edit: the correct forum to post this in would just be the World Editor Help forum.

eztype1

Reaction score

eztype1, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

when i try to post elsewhere?

RangerX

I am justice!
Reaction score
k i know i shouldn't post here but here is how do do it the right way

Trigger:
  • borrow
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Impale
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Set Borrow_Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set Borrow_Point = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Wait 0.07 seconds
      • Unit - Move Borrow_Caster instantly to Borrow_Point
      • Animation - Play Borrow_Caster's morph,defend animation
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Borrow_Point)
      • Set Borrow_Caster = No unit
      • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)

Borrow_Caster = is unit variable
Borrow_Point = is point variable
if you don't use Borrow_Point as the exact name of the var with caps and all you must chance here :"RemoveLocation(udg_Borrow_Point)" so the name of the var is exactly the same as this
but only one hero can cast it in 0.07 seconds but that is not an problem :)

Trollvottel

never aging title
Reaction score
the problem with this is that impale does not only impale to the target point but the full range. so you have to create different levels with different ranges and use the most fitting one.

polo2005

Wana start playing LoL? http://tinyurl.com/369as27
Reaction score
cant you jsut use a dummy spell and then use a dummy to cast a impale with diffrent ranger per level?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.