Respawning a Random Powerup in Its Original Position After X Seconds

Shanflower

Reaction score
Hi all,

1st post! I am new here :)

I'm making a variant of IceFrog's DotA as practice / for fun, and I'm wondering how the runes (powerups like Haste and Regen) are made to respawn at the exact same location, after, say, 40 seconds?

Also as an extra, how do I make the Powerup a random one? I have 5 different kinds of powerups, and I want each one to have a 20% chance of being The Rune That Respawns.

I tried this but it didn't work:
1. Store the original position of the powerup as a Point variable
2. When a Hero takes it, wait 40 seconds
3. Make a new one at the position of the Point variable
4. This new item is randomly selected from Level 8 Powerups (I've made the 5 powerups level 8)

I was thinking of using something similar to the Creep Respawn system based on JASS or something, but I'm completely clueless to custom script :confused:

Any help is appreciated!

MagnaGuard

Reaction score
First of all welcome.

I believe all you need to do is place the powerup in the middle of a region.
You will need to check if there is another powerup nearby, I think with a trigger
Lastly, to get a random one outta 5 just get a random number between 1-100 and so if it's
1 - 20 rune 1 spawns
21 - 40 rune 2 spawns
41 - 60 rune 3 spawns
61 - 80 rune 4 spawns
81 - 100 rune 5 spawns

Nighthawk

Reaction score
Please post your coding, b/c its very difficult to figure out what you did wrong if we can't see it.

Also is the spawn point the same EVERY game, or is it set randomly at the beggining of the game and then spawns at that location throughout?

Not everyone plays DOTA, so your going to have to go a little more in-depth on the creep system. I don't, however, see any reason why a respawn system cannot be created in GUI, I will build one for you if you explain the process a bit more.

Shanflower

Reaction score
@Nighthawk: sorry for being unclear, it was typed in a hurry :eek:

@Ice Snake: wow, that is useful (and has the trigger I'm looking for :shades:) Thanks lots!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.