Returning to modding

Lumograph090

Reaction score
It's been almost 4 years since I was heavy involved in modding and the community. Since then I've done other things, but I'm looking to get back into it again just for something to do. I used to be extremely efficient with GUI/Jass, etc, alas I've simply forgotten a lot of the tips and tricks involved.

I'm looking for some assistance in locating a few things!

Custom files, tools, mods, etc websites. The only one I can remember offhand was Wc3C.net, I know there was 1 or two other big modding sites out there that offered downloads.

The custom WC3 Editor. I can't for the life of me remember the name it had. I know it allowed for extra trigger functions, added the ability for larger reels, etc and over all was just better than the default editor.

Some good icon packs worth downloading. Any big collection of icons worth using, etc. I uploaded a huge pack of HoN icons a while back but the link is dead. Was wondering if anyone still had that on hand by chance!

I suppose that's about it. Thanks for the time if anyone decides to offer up some help.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
The "Big Three" are TheHelper.net, Hiveworkshop.com, and WC3C.net

The staple editor is JASS New Generation Pack. Remember to patch JASSHelper to the latest (0.A.2.0) I think the editor you're referring to is WEU, but that's broken.

Lumograph090

Reaction score
Yeah, it was WEU for sure.

As far as the editor goes I remember there were a few work arounds you could do to speed things up, specifically with creating new units and the long delay there was. Like if you turned off the pallet or something, I can't remember what it was exactly.

I just remember that you could make new units / abilities, etc in the editor and it would update instantly instead of the couple second delay with making new units.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
As far as the editor goes I remember there were a few work arounds you could do to speed things up, specifically with creating new units and the long delay there was. Like if you turned off the pallet or something, I can't remember what it was exactly.
That's "Brush List" in the Window menu.

If you're back to the basics, check out the organized tutorials site here at http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/, which is a bit nicer to browse than the Tutorials forum. ;)

For icons and other resources, there's hardly a better place than the Hive Workshop as mentioned by Sevion. Packs or not (they offer both), there's a wealth of high-quality material there for mappers to use.

Lumograph090

Reaction score
That's "Brush List" in the Window menu.

If you're back to the basics, check out the organized tutorials site here at http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/, which is a bit nicer to browse than the Tutorials forum. ;)

For icons and other resources, there's hardly a better place than the Hive Workshop as mentioned by Sevion. Packs or not (they offer both), there's a wealth of high-quality material there for mappers to use.

Alright, sounds good. I still remember how to trigger with GUI pretty effectively. So gives me something to mess around with for awhile till I get better again.

Lumograph090

Reaction score
Also! Does anyone know if there is a working version of a Leak Checker floating around?

What do I change the paths for on models when I import them, I forget -_- like a .bpl / .mdx when I import that what do I change it to?

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Truthfully, Leak Check is flawed.

At any rate, it's easier to check for leaks on your own. Mostly you only have to worry about locations and effects. There's not much else you really have to worry about if you're using GUI.

Models are .mdx

Textures are .blp

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.