Ron Paul Thread

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Ron Paul's 9/11 explanation deserves to be debated

Everyone here should know that I really like Ron Paul and even though I don't think he will even win a nomination I support him and believe what says. Been a long time I believed in a candidate like I do Ron Paul. Instead of flooding the forums with Ron Paul enthusiasm I will contain discussion about Ron Paul to this thread.

Ron Paul's 9/11 explanation deserves to be debated
(CNN) -- Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani was declared the winner of Tuesday's Republican presidential debate in South Carolina, largely for his smack down of Texas Rep. Ron Paul, who suggested that America's foreign policy contributed to the destruction on September 11, 2001.

Paul, who is more of a libertarian than a Republican, was trying to offer some perspective on the pitfalls of an interventionist policy by the American government in the affairs of the Middle East and other countries.

"Have you ever read about the reasons they attacked us? They attack us because we've been over there. We've been bombing Iraq for 10 years," he said.

That set Giuliani off.

Read the story here.

-----------------
Ron Paul is the MAN! I don't think he will win but damn, I am voting for him.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Pat Buchanan's Take on it - But Who Was Right – Rudy or Ron?

It was the decisive moment of the South Carolina debate.

Hearing Rep. Ron Paul recite the reasons for Arab and Islamic resentment of the United States, including 10 years of bombing and sanctions that brought death to thousands of Iraqis after the Gulf War, Rudy Giuliani broke format and exploded:

“That’s really an extraordinary statement, as someone who lived through the attack of 9-11, that we invited the attack because we were attacking Iraq. I don’t think I have ever heard that before, and I have heard some pretty absurd explanations for Sept. 11.

“I would ask the congressman to withdraw that comment and tell us what he really meant by it.”

The applause for Rudy’s rebuke was thunderous – the sound bite of the night and best moment of Rudy’s campaign.

After the debate, on Fox News’ “Hannity and Colmes,” came one of those delicious moments on live television. As Michael Steele, GOP spokesman, was saying that Paul should probably be cut out of future debates, the running tally of votes by Fox News viewers was showing Ron Paul, with 30 percent, the winner of the debate.

More here.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Ron Paul Tops McCain in Cash on Hand

ABC News' George Stephanopoulos Reports: Though often regarded as a longshot candidate for president, Republican Ron Paul tells ABC News that he has an impressive $2.4 million in cash on hand after raising an equal amount during the second quarter, putting him ahead of one-time Republican frontrunner John McCain, who reported this week he has only $2 million in the bank.

In an exclusive interview taped Friday and airing Sunday on "This Week," Paul said his campaign is on a better trajectory than McCain's.

"I think some of the candidates are on the down-slope, and we're on the up-slope," said Paul.

More here.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Short summary of the article:

"Followers of Ron Paul are poor. They are losers."

Seriously, why write that? Piece of crap news article...I see why you'd get pissed off at that TH.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Since when does "news" mean, "Tell everyone about all of your political views in a persuasive manner designed to demean people you don't like."

As I recall, that was the situation in the USSR, save that the government told the "news readers" what to say; it wasn't an independent company.

1JadedJen

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money
Reaction score
I cannot see the clip, as I am at work, but I will check it out when I get home. But I must say, before I knew he was a candidate, all these annoying cardboard signs in black magic marker kept popping up all over town with "who is Ron Paul??? Check out this website to find out!!" and I was like, now I am purposefully not going to check it out cause the guy has graffitti everywhere. Then I saw a canidate sticker with his name on it and was like...oh reallllly?

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Ron Paul Raises More Than $3.5M in One Day

WASHINGTON (AP) - Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul, aided by an extraordinary outpouring of Internet support Monday, hauled in more than $3.5 million in 20 hours.

Paul, the Texas congressman with a Libertarian tilt and an out-of-Iraq pitch, entered heady fundraising territory with a surge of Web-based giving tied to the commemoration of Guy Fawkes Day.

Fawkes was a British mercenary who failed in his attempt to kill King James I on Nov. 5, 1605. He also was the model for the protagonist in the movie "V for Vendetta." Paul backers motivated donors on the Internet with mashed-up clips of the film on the online video site YouTube as well as the Guy Fawkes Day refrain: "Remember, remember the 5th of November."

Story here.

------------------
Not bad for someone that probably does not have any chance of winning the Nomination.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Not bad for someone that probably does not have any chance of winning the Nomination.

Indeed.

He should stop running for the nomination and just take the money :)

Giuliani has it anyways imo (at least my vote).

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
Honestly, I wouldn't count him out entirely. In terms of fundraising, he's doing WAY better than expected. If I could vote, I'd vote for him. That said, if he wants my vote, he'll have to make it past the primaries - then I'll be 18. :p

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
I think he would have a much bigger chance if this were a direct election. The thing is, while many people (myself included) like him for his reconciliatory views, it is exactly that that I think will hurt him in the primaries - moderate people tend to not do as well in the primaries unfortunately. Either way, even if he doesn't end up as the republican nominee, I hope he gets VP - it'd be nice to have him on there.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
If you have not watched any Ron Paul Video of mine watch this one

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kY0tHVjtwLs

This is what my boy is about and what he will always be about until he dies and it is how I feel as well. Not 100% but closer than any other one. Please join the Ron Paul Revolution. Its the only way we are going to be able to change.

If you don't live in the US you would trip out if Ron Paul became President because the US would stop controlling your country and get back to ours.

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
Ron Paul FTW!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.