Rotation bug

Grymlax

Probably not around
Reaction score
Found a bug I thought I should share with you guys before you spend as much time as me trying to find a mistake that isn't there.

The bug I have found is concerning the "Real Function" "Camera Yaw of Player" simply what this function does is giving you the angle the player is looking at. The bug I found is that this function does not work if the angle is between -180° and -90°.

Here is a test map that I set up to show you what i mean. (I had to make it into a zip file since I didn't seem to be able to upload it otherwise)

Attachments

• rotation bug.zip
    30 KB · Views: 170

Cheekything

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there is a limit to how far the camera will turn.

If you press it think it's delete and page up/down in game your camera will pan and change but there is always a bit that you cant see.

So it might be a set game things.

however you could try playing with the placeable cameras and changing from one to another as they move from one to another.

I.e. Camera 1 moves in a 90 degree arc (1/4 of a circle) to Camera 2.

Rinse repeat for a full circle pan.

However it really depends on what you want it to do, there is always some solution that is possible even if it's not ideal.

Grymlax

Probably not around
Reaction score
I am making a third person movement system and this is really screwing things up since I have a 90° blind spot. I'm not looking at a way to work around this because there isn't one. I will simply have to put this map on ice untill they fix this bug because there is no point in continuing on this unless they fix this.

If you would look at my attachment you would see that there is no way that this is intentional.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.