Units = 80% complete
Triggers = 0% complete
Terrain = 100% complete
Quests = 0% complete
Items = 0% complete
Names for Units = 25% complete
Map size = 224 x 224 possibly bigger...
Name for map = No Idea?

I'm currently working a RPG style map. I hope that it is completely original and well planned out so everyone will enjoy playing it.

Gameplay
=

1. Tycoon
2. Deathmatch
3. Slayer
4. Possibly more

Tycoon: the first player to reach X amount of gold is the winner.
Deathmatch: the last guy standing wins the game. Each person gets X amount of lives.
Slayer:The first person to kill a very hard monster (I haven't named him yet) wins.
Civalry : person who finishes the most quests in a certain amount of time wins (maybe)
Possibly more: I might think of new game modes and add them...

Game

You start of as a peasant and try to make a living. There are a bunch of professions you can choose from to earn money and by items or upgrade for your unit. You can also sell your soul to the demons and become an evil unit.

Professions:

1. Fisherman- catch fish 3 standard fish you can catch anywhere, and more advanced fish in different lakes and rivers.
2. Hunter- hunt bears, boars, ealges, and deers
3. Miner- mine for different types of gems
4. Headhunter- hunt rare and strong monsters and return their head to the headhunter.
5. Farmer- grow crops and build buildings that spawn sheep chickens or pigs
6. Lumberjack- chop trees
7. Electrician- build generators that generate electricity and then convert the electricity into a power orb. After that return it to the observatory.
8. Bounty Hunter- capture units and bring them back the prison to receive gold. also able to catch other players for a reward.
9. more...hopefully

Stuff to know

Races in the Game

1. Humans
2. Demons
3. Mur'guls
4. Dranai
5. Night Elfs

Playable Races

1. Humans
2. Demons

Humans: you start of as a human. There is one huge human town and several human villages spread across the map.

Demons: there is one human village that was taken over by the demons and now belongs to them.

Mur'guls
:They are found in in a watery area.

Dranai: they are found deep in the caves.

Night elfs: they are found deep in the forest.

Facts:
There are no Hero's
Humans and demons are at war
If you choose to be a demon you will be at war with the humans
If you stay a human you will be at war with the demons
Mur'guls, Night elfs, and Dranai are neutral

Unit System: Since there are no hero's I've tried to think of an original way to make normal units feel like hero's so they game stays interesting. Units will receive special skills and abilities depending on how many units they kill.
Also there will be ranks so the amount of units killed will add a skill that increases your evasion and critical hit.

Additionally you can choose classes and upgrade your unit in the class you will be in.

Feedback???:
I would really like it if you gave me some feedback on my idea. Possibly give me some ideas, suggestions. or things you disliked. This is the most important to me i want to know what everyone thinks about my idea and map so i can change it so most people will like it.
please take 2 minutes out of your time to send some feedback.

Sidenote

I'll try to finish this game in the next 2 months....
I really need to work on my triggers bc I'm not the best at them. However I'll try my best to finish the game.

overview

overview.jpg

Some NEW! Screenshots

ignore the purple boxes
terraining is not final and may change.
Pic13.jpg
pic1.jpg
pic9.jpg
pic8.jpg
pic7.jpg
pic6.jpg
pic5.jpg
pic4.jpg
pic3.jpg
pic2.jpg
pic10.jpg
pic12.jpg

if theres anyone good at trigger, spells, balancing units and quests please let me know if your willing to help. It'll speed everything up.
also if your creative at making up good names for units and the title of this game please let me know
credit will be given if people help.
I'd like one person for each of the areas
triggers
spells
quests

Rhymer

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Sounds cool mate. Hey if you ever need a loadingscreen, just let me know :)

Cheers;
//Rhymer

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
if u need any help with the quests im ur guy. I wud love to help u make quests!

doin

Reaction score
well, if you need someone to do triggers, i'd be glad to help, i'm not the best, but i sure can do a lot of triggers, I'm good at GUI, and learning fast in JASS, so you can choose(pick JASS, so I can learn.)

Goghettah

Reaction score
thats actually exactly what i need for my map someone to help with quests and triggers.
i also need some help with balancing my units but i think i could figure that out after a couple of tests.

If you guys are still up to it I would be willing to work on this map with you two.

i have all of the terraining done and most of the units and buildings created. Now I'm about to start on quests and triggers.

However I planned this map out pretty well for my liking so i want it to mainly stay the way i planned it, but I'd be willing to make changes depending on your opinions.

And you have to promise not to let other people get a hold of the unprotected version of this map.

if you agree ill send the overview of the map

Chewbalka

Reaction score
nice, im glad to see a project (a large scale project) that looks like it will be finished.
if ya need any triggering help im be glad to help too.

lord dakoth

Reaction score
Wow, that is one friggin' huge map. Good job.

First of all, to make regular units seem more powerful/playable, give them the "Spellbook" ability. That way, you can essentially have 30+ spells per unit. If you want, you can make the spells relatively weak, but make the mana cost really low. I have found that a player will be more entertained if he/she is casting spells rather than just watching the units just duke it out with normal attacks.

I noticed that you had no magic-based professions. Was this intentional? Give us a class list so we can see what you have so far.

Game Mode Suggestions:
Regicide: (taken from Age of Empires II) Humans try to kill the demon lord, demons try to kill the human king.
Master of the Trade: First to rise to the top level of their trade wins.
Chivalry: First to complete X amount of quests wins.

Profession suggestions: Lumberjack/Forester, Craftsman, Blacksmith, Page, Shaman/Wizard

Also, on a map this size, you should have some way of getting around to certain places on the map quickly. Maybe way gates/magic teleportation, or even Goblin Zepplin services?

On a less important note, I noticed that you have the purple-black boxes in your screenshots. This means that you are taking screenshots from within the World Editor. Before you take a screenshot, press the "V" letter key. This toggles the "In Game View." When on, it will make everything in the view main window appear as it will ingame.

Goghettah

Reaction score
i was thinknig about the spellbook abillity and adding a bunch of spells but 30 is a kindof alot. so i was thinking around 4-8 but im not sure about this decision.

i'm going to have a lumberjack profession and also an electrician. (i'll edit the professions section and explain what you do for them later in the day).

i also have about 13 different mages you can be. the standard ones being fire mage, water mage, wind mage, and earth mage.
the more advanced one will be dust, lava, mud, smoke, mist and steam mage. I'll also have an arcane mage and 2 upgraded version of him.

additionally if anyones interested I'll have archers too.

and i do plan on making items that teleport you to a targeted city/town.

I think that the civalry idea is good however the Regicide one would not exactlly fit my type of map.

Also i'd like to know more about master of the trade... could you go into further detail about it?

-Thanks for the feedback

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
The sidenote is especially encouraging; I usually don't set deadlines for myself, and as a result my maps never get finished. :(

The demon player only has one town, but the human player has both a town and several villages. Is this balanced?

Goghettah

Reaction score
every player starts off as a human. if a player goes to a certain demon he can sign a demonic contract and "sell his soul to the devil" he will then be morphed into a demon and unally every player except the night elfs mur'guls and dranai.
However being a demon has certain advantages
1. your way stronger than humans (2-3 player will have to fight to so theres an advantage)
2. your allied to the demons
3. there are a couple different quests offered to demons that humans can't participate in.

and soo demons don't have an advantage over the the entire game but only humans i think ill give them an abillity that makes them stronger fighting humans(if thats possible)
and not everyone can be a demon bc it cost a certain amount of gold and only around 2-3 player can be demons

lord dakoth

Reaction score
Master of the Trade: My idea is that you gain experience for doing the trade and gain levels. Higher levels allow you to be better at your trade (faster, able to sell items at higher prices, ect.) Kind of like the skill system in Runescape, but of course not as long to level up. I suggest to have a reasonable amount of levels (10 or so) in each trade, the bonuses getting better as you continue. That way, you won't be cutting lumber (or whatever) at the same slow speed the whole game. In the Master of the Trade game mode, the first person to achieve the highest possible level in his/her trade would win. But be warned - this could potentially be very unbalanced.

Goghettah

Reaction score
yeah the unbalanced thig is what i'm worried about
but for woodcutting i was planning on having different types of axes that allow you to cut larger amounts of wood

lord dakoth

Reaction score
Yeah, that's more or less what i was talking about. I'm also thinking that you should have a mage class that has a ton of summoning spells. The summonings don't have to be strong, but you can make some non-combat summonings. For example, a creature that has no attack but has an inventory. Or a creature with an exceptionally large sight range.

You could also make a merc camp with pack animals for sale. It would be pretty nifty to be able to transport crap to the bank without actually having to go yourself.

Goghettah

Reaction score
I'm doing something like that
however I want it so you can only control one unit so if i was to have summons you wouldnt be able to control them
but thats to advanced of an AI for me to trigger
also i have pack horses that have an inventory of 6 and they cont move on there own
you need to buy an item called a lasso and use it on the pack horse in order for it to follow you around
i want to make them game as close to realistic as possible.
you can't tell your horse to go do something in real life.
also every unit that you can own thats for example a car or a horse has no vision on its own so you'll always have to be around your horse to know whats happening to it. (like in real life)

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
It looks good, good luck on your map.

Just a quick note, if you mean the race in warcraft 3 and WoW, it is spelled "Draenei"

V

Ventura

Heh, I wish I could terrain like that :)

I did VQuest, and all I can do is triggers. I had to get a couple other fellas along the way actually make it look half decent.

Some really cool ideas in this one mate. Keep up the good work.

Jagan

Reaction score
Hey, I think this looks really promising. Just thought I'd wish you the best of luck. Hope to see it released sometime soon. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.