RPG option, lvl or items?

Glaivesrit

Reaction score
Do you like the idea of starting a campaign at max level, with various items to increase stats, more than the idea of starting at level 1 and working your way up?

Option 1, quests give items, items raise stats to compensate for not gaining levels

Option 2, quests give xp, so items have to be bought.

If i could get some feedback on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I will tell you pro's and cons about Max level with items and low lvl to gather it:

Pro's In Max . Level -
-Character is more fun to play,with full magics and all,but it strange due to warcraft naturality.

Con's
-You need to give a damn work in Items,which means they need to have great effects (because your game is more focused on items,not on heroes)

Pro's in Low Level
-Mastering with your buddies techniques,gathering various items and all.Getting low lvl. items to the highest ones.

Con's
-Really boring sometimes,and too long to wait on max. level.

Glaivesrit

Reaction score
well, some will consider my map a campaign, it was originally a 8 person map but i added game cams and crap so now its a 1, 2 person max, if that, changes anything at all

Thanks for your input, though

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Still It can be quite fun to play 2 people in map,but you need to work harder and focus quest/boss killing's to adjust to those 2 players.

And no problem,glad that I can give some feedbacks.

Kiddo

Reaction score
well, some will consider my map a campaign, it was originally a 8 person map but i added game cams and crap so now its a 1, 2 person max, if that, changes anything at all

Thanks for your input, though

If it's not ORPG trust me ... 8 players is huge! I'd go for 2-3 or even 3-4 and a lot of monsters/factions etc .. don't forget about the good and fascinating/captivating story-line .. some custom heroes/abilities/bosses and Voila! you made your RPG (ofc this would take months ..)

Try not to make overpowered items .. and that level .. try not to make it too high (like 300 cap or something). I played a lot of RPGs (I'm a freak) and sometimes .. level doesn't count as much as gameplay. :D

Kiddo.

Glaivesrit

Reaction score
ok, thanks. The reason why i suggested the items over level anyway is because i have certain town raids, where the city would be under attack and the xp gain would be too high/not high enough.

>And yes, I have around 5-10 planned cinemas, with around 10+ cutscenes, so, it seems pretty good. Just the lvl/item thing always had me delay this project to compensate one way or the other. thanks for your input.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.