RPG Quest Ideas

death_knight

Dark is the heart of a corrupted man.
Reaction score
I'm making an RPG map which is set in the Barrens with 4 different factions: Orcs, Goblin Miners, Trolls, and Humans. Humans are everyone's enemy so that player won't be able to get quests from them.

The Player has an Orc Shaman as their character.

What I'm asking is for imaginative quests that the player could get from NPC's from different factions.

I will consider every suggestion from "Kill 'X' Units" to the weirdly cool ideas.

sidove

Reaction score
Troll Quest

The Trolls are building an attack against the Humans, they have many shamans short so they need you to go through the different factions and search for new shamans to aid in the big battle.

Every Shaman you will recruit will need you to complete a new quest, so in total there is 1 quest with 3 sub quests. You need also to recruit a new shaman from the orcs.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
The Plague
You are in goblin's village. Many of the villagers are poisoned since the humans have put poisonous mushrooms unnoticed in food crates during a caravan. A witch doctor is asking you to find the needed ingredients for the cure (you choose which and how many of them).
You can find them in the forest, but beware of the danger that lies there.

Reward: Reputation.

classic :p

Fuel Hunt (previous quest needs to be completed in order to start this one)
A goblin engineer has made a steam tank and he plans to use it for bringing supplies to the village much faster, but he has no fuel. Nearest gas station is miles from here and he's asking you to go out to the shore and find a pirate ship. Enter the ship and find a fuel barrel. You must be unseen, otherwise you're fish food (you are invisible, you can't attack the pirates and you must not get too close to them).

Reward: Money and some reputation. Also you get a free ride to the nearest town (instantly brings you there, like in WoW)

Clearing the Mine ("The Plague" quest needs to be completed in order to start this one)
A goblin miner is worried about the Geomancer infestation in the mines. He is asking you to go out in the mines and eliminate them.
But be warned as the Geomancers are smart and they might trap you. It's recommended to bring a torch as it's pretty dark in there.
You can buy one in the local Marketplace (optional, torch increases sight vision and lasts 10 minutes once activated).

Reward: Lots of money and reputation.

these quests are all located in the same village

sidove

Reaction score
The Bounty

The Goblin Miners gives pay you a good fee for taking the head of off the wanted criminal Ruzik, but when you get there he offers you a deal, you can either go back to the Goblin Miners and say that he already was dead when you came there and receive 20% more gold from him or slay him and gain a reputation bonus from The Goblin Miners, witch will serve you later when you need favors or do quests from them.

Tooblet

Reaction score
cool quests

I like quests that are kinda like events you start.

example: You accept a quest and a timer starts to count down and you're supposed to defend something/someone for a period or do something before the time runs out.

Another classic that allways works is something that carries the lore and story of the game further.
Instead of just "kill 5 spiders because I don't like them" you could turn simple quests into something more Epic and thrilling.
And also make it an event or sort of like a "mini-game".

example: you start the quest and 5 massive high-HP spiders crawl their way into the village you're in.
And you need to kill all 5 of them before they web 10 civilians.

or maybe you need to use some item to "un-webb" trapped soldiers in a cave so they can come and help you destroy the huge "Spider-Queen" that is impossible without their help.

I could be more specific and come up with alot of idéas for you but the fun of making your own maps is to make them yourself :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.