Safe Free Anti-Virus Program?

Squishinator

Reaction score
We dont have money to buy anything atm and our computer (which is the center of our home) is freaking out on us. What is a good, safe program i can download? give me a a link please.

komapatient

Reaction score
I'm using AVIRA since years and I highly recommend it.

Download AVIRA Antivir

But: If you already caught a cold no virus program will help you AFTERWARDS.... They work a bit like condoms.. they can protect before something happens! Once your gf is pregnant no condom will help you out no more if you get what I mean.

Most likely you can safe your computer by using Windows XP's/Vista's 'System Recovery' to restore your computer to any point of time before your comp run mad and check all entries which will start programs at boot time.

Squishinator

Reaction score
I found an AVG program. When i try to remove some of the viruses, it says the file cannot be found... so does that mean that its safe?

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I don't like AVG personally, I recommend Avast.

Infinity.4Sk

Reaction score
If it cant be found it might remain in your registry or make a backup of itself, (it may also be one of them hiding viruses which I forgot the name of) sometimes when I experience viruses I remove them with AVG but they make a backup of themselves, Personally, I'd recommend first doing a scan with any decent virus scanner you can try AVG free if you like, and also do a spyware scan with Spybot S&D (yes this program is free)

If when you start a second scan to see if it's really gone it pops up again, you might want to try the windows maliscious software removal tool, you can find it here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...E0-E72D-4F54-9AB3-75B8EB148356&displaylang=en
For me it works when I want to get rid of a virus for good.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.