Searing Arrows cooldown problem

drak_dragon

Reaction score
i have an ability that's based off of Searing Arrows. It's supposed to have a 15 second cooldown. When I manually choose a target to attack, the cooldown happens. However, when I just let the unit sit there and pick its own targets, there is no cooldown. Anyone know why, or how to fix this?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
the reason why this happens is because the programmers of blizzard are not the best i guess, or they just didnt care about this kind of issue. but this is a known bug. for the same reason the lightning orb ability doesnt fire its effect when not ordered to attack manually.

this happens everytime a unit is attacking a target and its current order isnt either "attack" or "smart". (smart is the order given when right-clicking)

there is one way to bypass this, but its not flawless.

whenever a unit attacks another and the attacking units current order is not "attack" nor "smart" order it to either attack its target or to attack-move to its current position.
drawbacks of this, if the units current order is hold position or patrol these orders are lost. also when ordering your unit to attack the target it will follow that target until ordered to do something else by the player.

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
It's a known bug? How come I have no problems with searing arrows? o.o

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Theres a way, if its on autocast, I mean look at heal, and in Dota, Clinkz's searing arrows has a cd.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.