Crime Security Stepped Up at Comedy Central Following Threats Against 'South Park'

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
The New York Police Department has stepped up security at the headquarters of the Comedy Central cable channel after an Islamic extremist Web site posted apparent threats to the creators of South Park, Matt Stone and Trey Parker, for making fun of the Prophet Muhammad. Paul Browne, NYPD deputy commissioner and chief spokesman, says that his department for some time has been aware of the small group, which appears to organize around a now-unreachable Web site called RevolutionMuslim.com, at least one of whose purported leaders posted threats against South Park after the scatological cartoon series made fun of Muhammad, Jesus, and the icons of several other major religions, as well as numerous prominent Hollywood celebrities, in a two-part story celebrating the program's 200th episode. "We were aware of the threat before it surfaced and took precautions to safeguard the offices of Comedy Central," Browne says. He declined to discuss the security measures in further detail or to disclose how NYPD managed to get advance warning that the cartoon and its producers were going to be threatened.

Last edited:

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
I hate that show. They just offend for the sake of offending, there is nothing productive behind all that mockery.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I love that show.
Because it's just a show.
And it's funny. Like that Facebook episode, now Facebook is gonna threaten South Park.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Slayer4000X2008

That guy from Canada
Reaction score
I saw a news report about this on youtube and the muslims in itsay that Allah commands them to kill those who disrespect and don't believe there religion. But the true word of Allah that he told Muhammad, every word of which was put in the Qur'an, was to kill only as a last resort. So this threat should be considered a terrorist threat and those that made it put in prison.

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
I hate that show. They just offend for the sake of offending, there is nothing productive behind all that mockery.

What do you define as productive? You obviously can't see past the bare, almost crappy animation they use to render South Park and see the point they are making. Ever heard of satire?

SineCosine

I'm still looking for my Tangent
Reaction score
There was this time, I broke my G string while fingering A minor.

K-ON satire..
BE IN AWE OF IT

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score

It is people that think like this that makes me sick:( No offense here though T.s.e^^
But what they are doing is kind of the opposite, they do offend people for the right to offend people and hopefully they will get rid of these kind of things in the process. The censorship that came with these last episodes was just ridiculous, it is just a damn cartoon show and that mohammed dude is just a damn person no matter how you try to twist and turn it.
After I saw the last south park episode I really felt like going commando on those people protesting it, but that is just my personal opinion:)
Another of my personal opinions is that the muslims that protest against this kind of stuff really need to grow up, it is these kind of things that make it look like they are stuck in medieval times:(

The fact is that they are actually not doing anything wrong at all:(

I hope that I am not offending anyone here by writing this:eek:

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I saw a news report about this on youtube and the muslims in itsay that Allah commands them to kill those who disrespect and don't believe there religion. But the true word of Allah that he told Muhammad, every word of which was put in the Qur'an, was to kill only as a last resort. So this threat should be considered a terrorist threat and those that made it put in prison.

Doesn't matter what he said. Anyone who hear's "Mohammed" commanding them is clearly a schizophrenic that should seek psychological help.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score

It used to have a moral to each episode. The new episodes are just pointless and offensive. Not that I have any problems with offensive humor, it's great when used correctly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.