Setting a preplaced region into a variable vs Leak

XeRo13g

Reaction score
Somehow I got confused over this, I hope there is someone who can clear this up.

I have several preplaced regions that I need into an array variable. So, for this region named Town <gen> I used set Region(1) = Town <gen> at initialization.
(I'm not sure if that leaks, as far as I know leaks are produced by using an area/point and so on)

At some point I wanted to pick every unit in that region without a leak, so I've tried:
Set Temp_Region = Region(1)
pick all units in Temp_Region and do this and that
Custom script: call RemoveRect(udg_Temp_Region)

I did that in an effort to keep the Region (1) variable but as it seems, the custom script destroys both the Temp_Region and Region (1)

Is there any way I can deal with this?

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
Preplaced Regions aren't going to leak. The leak would occur from the Unit Group, so you should set all the units in the region into a Unit Group Variable, and use DestroyGroup to remove it when you're done.

XeRo13g

Reaction score
Well, I do have the units in that region in a group that I remove it right after...
I got confused due to the fact that the preplaced region is set to a variable, thus trying to destroy it just to be safe. I guess I'll just use Region(1) without removing it...

Thanks alot +rep
Edit: as soon as it lets me:(
Eidt 2: Done

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.