Setting Variables

Joker(Div)

Always Here..
Reaction score
I don't understand why GUI doesn't let you initialize variables in actions other than "Last Created Blah". Why can't you do something like
JASS:
?

Joker(Div)

Always Here..
Reaction score
You mean galaxy? At its current state, it's not even worth using galaxy because of its lack of support.

Bribe

vJass errors are legion
Reaction score
So far, the only really innovative script I've seen that StarCraft 2 has that you can't do in WarCraft 3 is dynamic regions. That's... it.

Just going by what I've seen from other people.

This will not be a game I waste my money on; especially since, as you said, the Galaxy language isn't supported. I have no tolerance for drop-down menu GUI nonsense any more.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
There is no reason why you couldn't just make one yourself.

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
So far, the only really innovative script I've seen that StarCraft 2 has that you can't do in WarCraft 3 is dynamic regions. That's... it.

This will not be a game I waste my money on; especially since, as you said, the Galaxy language isn't supported. I have no tolerance for drop-down menu GUI nonsense any more.

question... if you aren't going to waste your money... why waste your time in the sc2 editor forums? not to be rude... I'm just kind of tired of these responses from people... i don't like paris hilton... so you won't find me on her website forums (if she has any?)...

Bribe

vJass errors are legion
Reaction score
I came here by accident; I was just looking at recent posts and thought this was a War3 forum because the thread title. I didn't even know there was sc2 on this site.

Sensang

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
i dont know what exactly you wanna do... but it looks like event:"unit is created", set variable: a = "last created unit"

whats the big deal... yea this editor sux cuz you can't do that without going the long way. Not to mention that fps and such could never be accomplished within wc3 the same way it can be done in sc2. Also the physic system that brings a lot of joy to fancy map designers... but yea you need a few extra clicks to set a variable to a created unit.

Why it's not there? Because some things that can be done easily otherwise are just not important enough to take space in a simple command.
It's just another field that is left unchecked 99% of the time. So why add it to the GUI if it's not necessary and you don't need it that often. At least I don't.

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
I came here by accident; I was just looking at recent posts and thought this was a War3 forum because the thread title. I didn't even know there was sc2 on this site.

i lol'd

salem

Reaction score

you can pretty much do anything you want with the current GUI stuff that they have in the editor.
And, you can make your own libraries and templates and functions/definitions so the possibilities are really endless. I'd say give the game a bit more time, people will start making some libraries and templates that you'll be able to use.

Did you take a look at the built in libraries in the game? by default they are hidden.

Plus, the game is still in beta lol.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.