Shall i continue working/shall i quit/shall i change somthing??

Happy

Reaction score
hey guys...

some months ago i started working on a map called Hell vs. Heaven : Elements of War. (Here the link to the thread about it^^)

It will be a type of angel arena but with changes. It will have masses of different items. And when i say masses i means masses (about 1000 items at the moment^^ but there will me many more :D ). Also i try to make creative, balanced and unique heroes. Sure some will be seen already but most will be completely new or at least have new abilities.

Therefore the game will be intresting (in my opinion^^) because after some time no inventory will be like another (items have to be chosen for the advantages/disadvantages of the hero or just what the owner prefers^^) and the heroes are balanced (or at least i hope them to be^^) and have unique spells.

The arena system is changed too. Instead of stupid hero vs. hero fights there will be team fights against a random number of creeps getting gold for surviving depending on the number of spawned creeps.

Everything i havent told here you can read in the liked thread on the top^^

Sooooooo....now my questions.

Is this map intresting enough to be played??
Shall i change some aspects?? And if yes, which??
What do you like?? What do you dislike??

I would like to hear some opinions.

Thanks in advance

greetz Happy

Tawnttoo

Reaction score
I think you should totally continue. I highly value unique heroes and skills/items/creeps and creativity in general. I used to play Angel Arena (which, unfortunately, didn't fit the bill with object-editor-modified ladder spells on half the heroes). I would love to see your map finished and fully playable. I especially like the idea of having creeps to fight against in the arena, instead of those 1v1 matches at a constant, irritating interval. One question though: will the creeps be leveled along the Hero rank or will they have some other advantage over stronger players, like custom spells? I mean, there's nothing like a challenge, and if the Hero is way more powerful than all the creeps, there will be none.

I'm looking forward to this map being finished.

Happy

Reaction score
thanks for the reply :thup:

really supporting post i have to say :D

to the creeps...i hope i got the question right...

the creeps in the arena are creeps you can fight against on the map normally but there are some creeps appearing in the arena (after some time because they are too strong at the beginning^^) having special abilities ^^

p.s. and the creeps on the map are made strong enough to handle each rank they belong to^^ so it isnt too easy xD

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Lol I would've given up... but your work would definitely pay off if you go through with it.

I suggest learning JASS and then Text Macros to speed up the process of creating ~1000 items. They can do that, you know.

Happy

Reaction score
da1nOnlyEd why would you give up if it definitely pay off if you go through with it ?? ^^

also thanks for this suppoting post :thup:

any other opinions??

Sonic

Reaction score
I think that you must continue. Because as you said it is not the simple angel arena, it's with a lot of changes. I like the battle of the teams with the creeps. So continue!

hopy

Reaction score
Well, I'm not used to doing these kinds of posts but, lets see.
(AMG WALL OF TEXT INC! IT'S OVER 9000!!!!)

I like the main concept of the map, I've always been a fan of PvP and the creeps could add a nice little bonus to it. Also the amount of bonus options that you can do during the game are a nice addition to it and adds both replay value as well as a way for realy good players to have an advantage over normal/bad players (for example the bonus areas with the bosses and the item/hero upgrading).

Now I have some ideas and things that I would realy like if you'd think about them and let me know if you like them. Personally I think they could add some fun and variatie to your map and your heroes.

Now there's one thing I'd like to point out though. In the explenation that you give in the other threat I get the idea that when a hero reaches a certain level it (you, the player) has the option to stand in a circle of power to 'rank up' his hero, increasing stats, abilities and model stuff.
I like the concept of that idea, but it feels a bit useless at the moment, it's basicly a "Get level x, go there and get shiny upgrades". I personally would like the idea a lot more if you'd (for example) get a choise (when going to the next rank) between two 'specs'. Take for example a Warrior hero who wants to rank up, when he enters the Circle of Power he gets the choise: Defencive or Offencive, the difference between these two specs don't have to be big at all, but just increases maybe an offencive or defencive ability, or adds some armor/attack power. A Druid would get the choise: Healing or Damage? Which would maybe either increase all healing, or damage magic by 10% or so. This gives the players some more options, choises and allows the player to customize the hero to what he wants more, rather than a basic "Here's some bonus stats and a new model".

I don't know what your map looks like, just looking at the screen shot and I thought it would be kind of cool if the Arena field (the middle, were the fighting will be) would like go from a holy area to a dark hell area like a color gradient thingy, you know :p). So that the area changes ground type and all. This could be used to maybe add a sort of "Home field advantage" to the areas increasing maybe movement speed and stats when standing on your own type of ground/side of the field. Combined with trees, doodads and everything would add a more tactical element to the map as well.

The item ranking is awesome, I realy like that idea more than the basic recepie stuff I think. But, what exactly is the difference between for example a Sword and an Axe other than maybe "Sword has more speed and axe has more attack strenght? It would be awesome to see different types of upgrades (rank bonusses) for each different weapon class, causing some hero types to want swords and others to want axes. So give every item class a specific stat, bonus they give.
I cant think of any thing specialy for armors though, it would've been much more easy if it were for example Cloth, Leather, Mail, Plate Mail, Full Plate armors or something... What are your plans with that?

The heroes so far (from what I can see in that list) are pretty nice I'd say. So they're ok, but I have a few ideas for some that might cause players that play the heroes to actualy think before using an ability (when to time, were to aim, how to use).

Some skills... lets see...
I get the idea Stamina (at the moment) is just a passive attack power boost? How about you rename it Endurance and let it increase the Warriors attack speed by 5% every time he hits a target with a melee attack up to a maximum of 25% bonus speed. Would combine very nicely with for example Burning Muscles, and if you give the bonus attack speed a short duration (2 seconds) before it disapears it would give a lot of fun details. For example the timing of Burning Muscles (best used when Endurance is stacked 5 times (25%), and using Meditation or Blade Whirlwind would reset the attack speed (duration is over) and thus comes with a drawback. With this you'd be able to see the difference between a good and a bad player in how succesfull they play this hero.

How about when Spew Fire hits one of the Lava Soldiers, it empowers them increasing their attack power for x seconds, maybe this would cause players to aim their Spew Fire differently than they would a normal Shockwave ability, choise of increasing Lava Soldier damage, or just damage enemies, maybe both when aimed right. :p

When Nature Ball hits a target effected with Entangling Roots the nature energie of the two spells combine causing all enemie units close to the unit to be Entangled in roots as well?

Defender might need some work... it sounds like a boring hero to play judging from the abilities I see... Defensive Training: Passive? Magical Defense: Defencive Self Buff? Powerful Punch: Passive? Earth Spikes: Long cooldown. :p

How about: "When Shattering Ice hits a Frozen target the ice freezing the target shatters into tiny splinters removing the freezing effect but causing extra damage on the frozen unit". or "When a Ice Totem is in the area of effect of Shattering Ice the Ice Totem pulses a wave of frost energie around it dealing damage to all nearby enemie units and making them unable to move.

Remember, I realy like your map and these are just some ideas and suggestions that (with the information I currently have) I think would make the map, and its heroes more fun and that will make people replay the map over and over again. :D

Sorry for the way too long post... I do that some times... :(

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
da1nOnlyEd why would you give up if it definitely pay off if you go through with it
lol, I'm just saying I wouldn't go through all the trouble personally, me. I'm also saying it'll be really worth it, reward is usually proportional to work.

Sign me up for first download though, sounds exciting! Good luck, I wish you patience and perseverance with your project!

Happy

Reaction score
sooooo.....(long text :eek: ) ^^

first Sonic (much shorter....much easier^^) : thanks :D i love to hear that you like my map concept^^

and now (*laziness be quiet* ^^) hopy :

first of all....thanks for taking soooooo much time thinking and writing about my map ^^

so now to your text ^^

the ranks of the heroes : they are made (as you could have read if you would have read the replys in the other thread^^) for balancing. if you ever played hell vs heaven or angel arena you know that if you know the map and know what items to combine to get an unbeatable hero you get overpowered after about 10 minutes if you have a bit of luck....so to avoid this i made these ranks...you have to become rank 3 and get a certain level before you can go with a certain item into the circle to get a rank 4 hero...these heroes have much stronger spells and stats and to save that a good equipped rank 3 hero (or maybe 2) can beat a rank 4 hero i added these rank to save time for the lower skilled players to be able to make an equip able to beat the rank 4 hero.

to add the spec thingi i would have to rebuild all the heroes and add new heroes and that would be much more work...and the map itself is a giant mountain of work^^

the thing with the home bonus i really like :thup: i dont know whether ill add it to the map but the idea is great...if its not in the first versions ill add it later^^

now the items: the ranks are clear i hope^^ and now to your question...the opposites of them are that for example a dagger and an axe first of all give different bonus damage...lets say +X and +Y. so as you read the items are rankable and until level 3 just the damage changes. soooo....but now the intresting part comes. :D you can add enchantments to the items...means that youll get a damage bonus of the weapon and a bonus depending on the rank of it. also from rank 4 (which is a rank 3 weapon combined with a certain item) youll get skills on the weapon...active or passive....and every skill is different....so and heres the clue...you have to choose the items you wear depending on the skills it has....not only on the damage...also you have to add the enchantment to make it stronger...i hope you got it now...

and the armor types...it departed in 2 groups...one for mana (casters) and one for defense (fighters)...sure you can wear caster armor as a fighter too but it depends on what you wanna do^^ you get it? xD

and now (finally :D:thup:<3) the last point ^^

i really like the thing with abilities doing certain events used on certain units or used at a certain moment. ill add that when the map is playable :thup:

i hope i got it all^^

and now my fingers have to rest :D

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Hope it comes out sooooooooooooooooooooooooooon, I've been playing HvH since 2007? And I still play, its finally time to celebrate because of a new version thats not VM, Reloaded, or Final, [The Frozen one I've never played but its full of hacks]

Happy

Reaction score
Whoareyou. : thanks for this reply...my plan is to release the first official version jan. (or at least feb.) next year because its much work left and ive got holidays 3 weeks long so ive got the time to finish the map i hope ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.