Shoot While Sliding

fjerre

Reaction score
So, I'm creating a sliding map. After some avoiding you find a item. That item is supposed to be thrown while you are sliding. Have you played "Freeze Tag"? I want the shot to fly just like their arrow but instead of going through people it stops at the first hit.
Thing is, I create triggers which starts with events like "Unit - A unit Uses an item" and so on but it doesnt work when I play I aim with item but nothing happens. I just slide towards where I aimed. So, like a shooting bottum like Esc "Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic sequence" is okey but I dont know how to start.
My vision then: I want the character to slide, finding the item, aiming with it on a enemy and shoot 1 shot. Then the item dissappears. The item flies like the arrow in "Freeze Tag" and when it hits someone I want the one who got hit to recieve the item instead.
I hope you get it. Thanks in advance. :)

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
you can do it through triggers and rather than just waiting for the action to be completed, as soon as it is order just start the triggers

fjerre

Reaction score
Can't say that helped very much. Was more expecting something like try this or that and give me some leads on how to do this..
Will continue try creating the effect with trigger.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
how about this,
Trigger:
  • fake an attack or cast
    • Events
      • A unit is issued a command targeting a point (or unit)
    • Conditions
      • Unit is in group [is_sliding (unit group variable)] is true (boolean condition)
    • Actions
      • Animation - Play attack animation for triggering unit
      • set [facing_angle (a real variable used to determine what angle the unit attempts to face when moved (slid)] = angle between position of triggering unit and point target of action or position of targeted unit

then in the same trigger create a locusted dummy unit to cast your ability or create one with the same range attack damage and attack speed and keep moving it to the location of the sliding unit as it attacks if you want the unit to attack something

if you dont know exactly what using a locusted dummy unit is, search the forum there are plenty of posts, and often times if you search even on just google a thehelper.net thread will come up that explains it perfectly

educator

Reaction score
hahaha, how are u triggering the movement, you should be using SetUnitX and SetUnitY, dont know if it can be done with gui but it allows the moved unit to continue its orders (you just do it with custom scripts)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.