Memory Lapse
Reaction score
where can i add/edit my signature?
if there is no signature why? every forum must have it :D

TY

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Only Hosted Mappers and above in status have it. All the Mods and Admins, plus myself, Silverhawk, Rinpun, XXconanXXX and Im_On_56k. Special Members and Members do not get it because it would require too much work to look after every single person's signature :p

I think :D

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
We have a lot of members, but not a ton of bandwidth. You don't want us to become wc3sear.ch, right? That place is SOO laggy, although that is more in the bad scripting and gigabytes of data they recieve and display each day, but still ;)

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
But no one can never stop you from write your own signature in all your post.
As long as the text doesnt break forum rules

-I am special that's why I have to write this myself-
-==============-
Have A Good Day All Mods and Hosted
You Dont Need To Use Your KeyBoard​

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
just an idea-
what if you guys deleted all previous threads where the last post was put on 4 months ago or later?...that would save space..and then possibly you could put on signatures of regular members...

(again..just an idea...)
-hobo218

DM Cross

Reaction score
Naw, they wouldn't... (Though it would be fun to see most of it go POOF!)

Anyway... The fact is that the mods don't have the time or energy to keep track of each signature to check bad stuff... Stupid sayings/insults/bad words/etc. etc.

So even if they did a massive clean up, I don't think they'd allow it.

Some boards do, though. A board on a band site does, and so does om.com.

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
ya..i can see how troublesome it would be to make sure all the members' signatures were clean...good point

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
hobo218 said:
just an idea-
what if you guys deleted all previous threads where the last post was put on 4 months ago or later?...that would save space..and then possibly you could put on signatures of regular members...

(again..just an idea...)
-hobo218
We'd never do that. Much valuable world editor information would be gone forever.

Posts take very little space. They are stored in large database files. TheHelper's total space hasn't even been dented.

We don't allow sigs because we don't like to moderate them. Most of us don't even like seeing them. Some people use 10 lines. Its annoying. So are images.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Is that why you don't allow it in the signature? :p

DM Cross

Reaction score
Eh, it's understandable :)

(We only allow it on OM because we don't have enough members for it to be a pain in the butt, yet... Once we get more, we'll probably either lower the limits for images, or just disallow them, or at least make it available only to certain people)

-Edit-

Wait... Hosted Mappers can use images?!

DM Cross

Reaction score
Oh, now I get what ya meant...

Damn, got me all hopeful for a second -.-

And yeah, ya said you hated big ones, and I know mine wasn't "big" but, it was taking up a bit of space, so eh, drop the text down a size, no biggie :D

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I used to just add my own signature on at the end of my posts, but it took too much work having to rewrite my multicolored one out so i did it normally, then i stopped :p.

It was already shrunk though :D

~Jindo

Pyromancer

Reaction score
so basicly, you cant make sugnatures-
(example)

-unless your some special member or something, right

DM Cross

Reaction score
You can, without being Special Member.

IF you wanna type it in every time :rolleyes:

We just post, and it sort of follows us around... WE CAN'T GET RID OF THEM!

:eek: *picks up a stick and bashes signature over the head multiple times, to no affect* See? :rolleyes:

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
[JOKE]OMG Alexander. Dont u know that you can leave the signature field in User Preferences blank? Or is it just so that you must fill every blank are with usless crap? That may be why your post stinks! Ohh this was offending, sorry.[/JOKE]

Another thing you can do if you dont want to write the singnarure each time is to have it writed down in a notepad documen and copy n'paste.
I like the signature on th as it is, everybody can make so it looks as the have singatures :D (if they want to change +0 post)

D

dArKzEr0

:( How about letting us have sigs but limit the space to something ridiulously small. Like one to three lines of text? I'm just tired of typing "dArKz" after every post.

dArKz :p

DM Cross

Reaction score
Perhaps Special Members COULD get a limited signature of like 20 characters or something...

And no images :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.