Simple Glaive Spell ;)

EasyAsPie

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to world editor and still trying to figure out most of the basics :p. I would like to make a spell thats like "Throw Glaive" in Glaive Masters and/or like "Boomerang" in Warlocks. So basically a simple glaive spell which you can throw at target position (not targetable) (kind of like meat hook). Please help :D

EasyAsPie

Reaction score
Just damage, but i was thinking there could be some sort of item/upgrade that alows the glaive to bounce from multiple targets. What i mean by target position is you have to aim it, so you have to judge where the enemy will be when you throw it... i don't know quite how to explain it, hopefully you'll understand.

Please Help - I know it's probably easy.. but clearly i'm new to editing so any help would be much appreciated.

neverbealone

Reaction score
ill try to help explain it and if i have time later and ur not helped ill look into it but,
is this what u want:
u want a spell that targets a position, if it hits an enemy then it targets the position of another enemy then attacks there multiple times right?

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
I think he means target point. And by the bouncing part, he means if when the glaive hits no unit and hits a tree or cliff, the glaive will bounce in another direction.

I can do the the glaive with the upgrading part but the bouncing, i dunno and i just realizaed your new to the world editor, which means i cannot help you. I do not use GUI this times. I use vJass cuz its sooo awesome lol, and vjass will not work foryou, you dont have newgen

bYo

Reaction score
So much for a simple glaive spell. I went away to whip off an answer and ended up triggering for an hour :(. Finally got it working though...about 3 triggers, 8 variables and much stress later. I'll post it here if you want.

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
So much for a simple glaive spell. I went away to whip off an answer and ended up triggering for an hour :(. Finally got it working though...about 3 triggers, 8 variables and much stress later. I'll post it here if you want.

I think EasyAsPie is not active anymore, his not replying. Better wait for his reply before continuing The spell or else it will be a waste ( exept if you will use it or someone need it ).

EasyAsPie

Reaction score
Yeah sorry for the delay guys and thanks for all the help !

So much for a simple glaive spell. I went away to whip off an answer and ended up triggering for an hour . Finally got it working though...about 3 triggers, 8 variables and much stress later. I'll post it here if you want.
That would be awesome if you could post it here!

I can do the the glaive with the upgrading part but the bouncing, i dunno and i just realizaed your new to the world editor, which means i cannot help you. I do not use GUI this times. I use vJass cuz its sooo awesome lol, and vjass will not work foryou, you dont have newgen
Where/how can i get the programs you use? And will i be able to use them with my "skill level"? :)

bYo

Reaction score
Ok, I'll post where I got to before I stopped. A few glitches and it probably could be cleaner, plus its not MUI but WHO CARES. It works.

Attachments

• Boomerang.w3x
    21.8 KB · Views: 175

bYo

Reaction score
how did u get the speed of the boomerang to be 800

It isn't actually - WE caps movement speed at 522. I just didn't have the time to import the Movement Speed system on these forums. Do a search for it if you want.

Also if you hold down shift whilst entering a value, you can push it past normal WE limits.

comparami

Reaction score
If your still looking for that spell, i'd be glad to make it for you, and, i'd make it in GUI MUI, just send me a message :D

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.