Simple Hero Question

J

Jooma

Ok I'm getting frustrated and I can't find the answer anywhere.

I made a custom Hero by selecting the Paladin in the Object Editor, right clicking and selecting new Custom Hero. I based him off the Pally and swap the abilties Divine Shield with Cleaving Attack, and Resurection with Phoenix.

But when I test my map, I can only level up Cleaving Attack. My other abilties don't even show up.

What else do I need to do to get a Hero Working?

Cause in fact if I just drop a default Hero on my map he can't level anything. What the heck is the trick? I've searched and I can't find the answer on these boards.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you added the abilities to the Abilities - Hero under the unit in the Object Editor instead of Abilities - Normal?

J

Jooma

Yes I have, I just opened it and edited to swap out two abilities but I think it's gotta be something else because again, just dragging a default Hero on the map for a player to use doesn't work properly.

They don't gain their skills when they level.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
for full check, remove all the abilites of the hero, and add the abilities you want him to have, save the map and test it, you must choose hero abilites not unit abilities....

J

Jooma

Ok so it appears I've broken the Human heroes so they can't select abilities when they are created or when they level. The [+] sign is just not there to select them.

I've right clicked the heroes in Object Editor and selected Restore to default but that's not working.

Any idea where I might have sabotaged myself?

Frozenhelfir

set Gwypaas = Guhveepaws
Reaction score
Are they there but blackened out so that you can't learn them? If so you may have set the required level to learn over the maximum level.

If not, are you SURE you are adding the abilities to the right unit?

A

Andersaaa12

Check the techtree poriorities and the abilites and hero in object editor agian.

Anachron

Reaction score
True, check techtrees and check if the abilities aren't disabled. Do you have triggers? Its able to disable abilities with triggers, but I think you havent disabled them. If they are green you forgot to set the icon for the abilty. If there is standing "Requires level x" you haven't the right level to level up this ability. If no ability of your custom abilities will show up, make sure it is in HERO ABILITIES and not in NORMAL ABILITIES. Hero Abilities are not learned by start and won't be able to get upgraded without triggers, but hero abilities are still upgradeable. But they are not from beginning in the heroe's ability pack. :cool:

V

Voku

I had a similar problem... Make sure you changed the race of the skills to the race of your hero.

pwnagenub2

Reaction score
I had a problem like this, I just switched the race of the spell, added it to a hero ability and it worked..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.