simple Modelling request

rayquaza218

Reaction score
I need a card, with the backing of the duel master's card, a simple model , make it thin.

basically its a duel masters playing card! one side of it should be white, while the other, is the back of your common duel master card. this will do.

http://www.etcg.de/duelmasters/images/card_back_small.jpg

I don't mind the little squiggly things, since a can't find a better one.

its really a simple model, can anyone help me? If anyone can give me a readily usable model like that, me and nikanorou_GR will rep you, and youll recieve recognition in my map. Thank you!!!

PS. try and get this done soon! Thank you.

W

Wind Dragon

I'm no modeller (yet!) but I'll tell ya what. I'll give it a try. I cannot do animations though and there is no export script for 3DS MAX 8 (as far as I know) so I'll send you the model file and you can convert it yourself cool? I'll give you a screenshot as well. Just give me a few minutes, doing homework at the same time.

I'm only posting now so you know I'll try it.

rayquaza218

Reaction score
Thanks! but i myself have no idea how to convert it, i think you need a program, yobgul's converter i think. Anyways, you don't know how to make animations? can you please just try and make a death animation where the card breaks into pieces? :D that would be great. But its fine if you don't know how to make animations.

this might help you :D http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/magos.php

W

Wind Dragon

I'll try.

All that you need to do to convert it is the following:

Get GMAX (if you don't have it I can post it)

Get the converter and convert it.

Since I don't use GMAX and I can't find a version of the converter that supports my version of 3DS MAX, I can't convert it myself. It shouldn't be a prob though.

rayquaza218

Reaction score
wait, i dun get it, i have never tried or modeled before, so i have to get this modelling program and convert it?

W

Wind Dragon

Okay so I tried (I created a card-shaped polygon perfectly) but when I went to add the texture, we had a bit of a problem. The texture appeared as all black rather than your card picture. I have a feeling I just don't know what I'm doing. Sorry. :(

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
BTW, Wind Dragon, there is a way to export models from 3DSMAX 6 and higher. Select all the model you created and, on the 'File' menu, click Export mesh. The file you will get can be opened in Gmax. Then you simply export it using Dex' exporter. However, this works only for meshes and, there is another problem: dex' exporter sucks... and, unfortunately, it's the best... The best deal in wc3 modelling is to get 3DSMAX 4 or 5 and use Blizzard's Art Tools.

rayquaza218

Reaction score
don't you have to make a seperate skin file, and then wrap it around the model? instead of just sticking it onto the model itself. Im not sure, cuz thats what i heard

W

Wind Dragon

I was doing exactly what it said to do the in the tutorial. I used the material editor, had all the settings right and everything. Maybe You can't wrap jpgs??

rayquaza218

Reaction score
Its fine wind dragon, regarding your PM, take your time, i don't really need it soon, can i give you one week or a week and a half to do it?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.